An Old School Catholic Message Board

who in actually is actually going to accept me?

anglefire

II long for Jesus in my heart!  I an 62 years old. He talks to me constantly.  Please Nunsense if you are are out there respnd to me at avamariaavamaria206@gmail.com

Im not sure what this thread is about however nunsense has not been active on here in quite some time.  Perhaps she might be lurking, see the post, and respond privately but due to her inactivity dont be surprised if she doesnt. 

I

Vee maybe you can help.  I have always wanted to be a nun.   But do to my family that is in impossible someone b always wants something of me.  I have considered being a hermit.

I know for a fact that the Visitation monastery in Mobile, AL takes older vocations, including widows with grown children. http://www.visitationmonasterymobile.org/HTMLcode/Novitiate.htm See the photos here, and then scout around on the rest of their web site.

There's also a Benedictine monastery in Washington, St. Placid's, that accepts older vocations. http://www.stplacid.org/ 

But the part about your family... you'll have to work that out with them, I'm sure.  

As Luigi pointed out there are communities that are open to older vocations, so all I can suggest is just go through the process.  Pray about it, contact the communities that you are interested in with a bit of introduction about yourself and go from there. 

Visitation sisters accept older postulants as a general rule. That's part of who they are. So any Visitation monastery should be open to considering you.

That being said, I'm not sure what you mean by "He talks to me constantly". Do you have a spiritual director, anglefire? Given your family situation, it would be very wise to get one before proceeding—if you can.