curtins Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 if you dont know who he is then shame on you! or just go to www.oreilly.com
Iacobus Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 I watched him for a bit, read one of his books. Can't stand him much anymore. LOL!
Ash Wednesday Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 My father has on Fox News, just about EVERY NIGHT. EVERY WEEKNIGHT I am sitting at my computer and Dad has on the "No Spin Zone".... as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am turning into a pinhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........................................
curtins Posted June 19, 2004 Author Posted June 19, 2004 Where did you hear that he was fired? I think Bill rocks I watch his show when ever i can He knows how to deal with those left wingers (no offense to anyone) lol
Iacobus Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote name='curtins' date='Jun 19 2004, 10:45 AM'] He knows how to deal with those left wingers (no offense to anyone) lol [/quote] LOL! I would hate to disagree but I do. LOL! He doesn't do anything. We just read about him and laugh. The reason I listen to NPR is I can't stand those TV lets yell back and forth shows. Like ORelliys.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote]The reason I listen to NPR is I can't stand those TV lets yell back and forth shows. Like ORelliys. [/quote] In his defense, if you ever listen to when yelling is going on, it's either because they aren't answering his questions or they're giving very insistent and stupid replies. Have you listened to the email segment lately? About three times recently, he was scolded for being to lax on Bush one minute, then to harsh on him, then he was accused of trying to support Bush, and then he was accused of trying to get Kerry in office. If you ask me, that's a sign that he's generally balanced, if not correct. I much prefer Sean Hannity.
BeenaBobba Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 I think I've only watched him once, so I can't really make an informed judgment. For some reason, TV talk shows on politics annoy me. It's weird, too, because I love talking about politics in "real life" -- and it takes a lot for me to get annoyed when discussing politics. But, I find myself wanting to scream at the TV when I watch shows like that. I think they annoy me 'cause I'm powerless to say anything to the people speaking. LOL. God bless, Jen
BeenaBobba Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 I've [url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/817022/posts"]read[/url] that O'Reilly wrote some idiotic things about human embryology, i.e., he said that no one knows when human life begins. Human embryologist C. Ward Kischer, Ph.D., wrote to him in disagreement, and O'Reilly never commented on the letter nor corrected his statement on air (at least he didn't until the time Kischer wrote his article -- after which he may or may not have corrected his statement). God bless, Jen
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote] I've read that O'Reilly wrote some idiotic things about human embryology, i.e., he said that no one knows when human life begins. Human embryologist C. Ward Kischer, Ph.D., wrote to him in disagreement, and O'Reilly never commented on them or corrected his statement on air (at least he didn't until the time Kischer wrote his article). [/quote] I think he probably meant that in a more philosophical way. O'Reilly's argument is a common pro-life argument, and it works well against pro-death arguments, but ultimately it misses the point, much like Paschal's Wager.
BeenaBobba Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 19 2004, 05:48 PM'] I think he probably meant that in a more philosophical way. O'Reilly's argument is a common pro-life argument, and it works well against pro-death arguments, but ultimately it misses the point, much like Paschal's Wager. [/quote] Hi Raph, To be honest with you, I know very little about how pro-life he is, as I don't know very much about him. But I do think that his statement about when human life begins was a bit misleading. It certainly was, I think, if it got the attention of a human embryologist, who saw fit to correct O'Reilly on his statement. God bless, Jen
BeenaBobba Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote name='master_alterserver' date='Jun 19 2004, 05:45 PM'] who´s he? [/quote] Hi master_alterserver, Bill O'Reilly hosts a political talk show on TV. God bless, Jen
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote]To be honest with you, I know very little about how pro-life he is, as I don't know very much about him. But I do think that his statement about when human life begins was a bit misleading. It certainly was, I think, if it got the attention of a human embryologist, who saw fit to correct O'Reilly on his statement. [/quote] Well, I agree with you. He usually doesn't discuss abortion, but I'm pretty sure he's pro-life. The thing is that if he can say that we don't know when human life begins, then he can say that no abortion is okay, because it's like Russian Roulette and killing one person isn't worth any amount of good that could allegedly come from it. But like I said, it ultimately misses the point that all abortion IS murder and not just that any abortion COULD BE.
BeenaBobba Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 19 2004, 05:54 PM'] Well, I agree with you. He usually doesn't discuss abortion, but I'm pretty sure he's pro-life. The thing is that if he can say that we don't know when human life begins, then he can say that no abortion is okay, because it's like Russian Roulette and killing one person isn't worth any amount of good that could allegedly come from it. [/quote] Hi Raph, Very true. It seems to me that a lot of people base their pro-"choice" stance around the fallacy that no one knows when human life begins, but I don't see how that'd make abortion right. If they claim to not know when human life begins, then they'd have to admit that it [i]could[/i] begin at conception. If someone was going to demolish a building, of course they'd check to see if people were inside. They would never say, "Hey, there could be people in there, but let's demolish this building anyway." That's why I generally think that that position isn't consistent (or ethical, of course) at all. [quote]But like I said, it ultimately misses the point that all abortion IS murder and not just that any abortion COULD BE.[/quote] Amen to that! God bless, Jen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now