An Old School Catholic Message Board

PCC's receive new Postulant

Feankie

http://pcheartponderings.blogspot.com

The PCC's of Bethlehem received their Aspirant, Kathryn, as a Postulant last week.  Their blog article this week pictures her as still an Aspirant hating a Nun Run at the Monastery, but says pictures will be forthcoming with her "new look" as a Postulant.

IgnatiusofLoyola
5 hours ago, Francis Clare said:

http://pcheartponderings.blogspot.com

The PCC's of Bethlehem received their Aspirant, Kathryn, as a Postulant last week.  Their blog article this week pictures her as still an Aspirant hating a Nun Run at the Monastery, but says pictures will be forthcoming with her "new look" as a Postulant.

I try my best to ignore words that are obviously typos, because I don't know anyone on Phatmass who is immune from the occasional typo, no matter how hard they try.

But, at first, I didn't recognize as a typo the phase above about an Aspirant (now Postulant) "hating" a Nun Run.. It made me curious about what was to "hate" about a Nun Run. (I expected it would be that the time to visit is not long enough or that having many visitors means you can't talk to everyone.)

Of course, the word "hate" turned out to be a typo and the new Aspirant/Postulant enjoyed the Nun Run, which included women from her alma mater.

And, in this case, the typo served a good purpose. Had there been no typo, I might not have bothered to click on the link at all. Instead, because I was intrigued, I not only clicked on the link, but also went back and read a number of past blog posts, several of which seemed to speak directly to me.

Even typos serve a purpose sometimes!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Oops, it was supposed to be HOSTING!!  For some reason my auto-correct got the best of me this time :)

Oh! I was wondering about that too. I figured it was a typo but I could not figure out what the word was supposed to be! But I guess it WAS a good thing because I ended up doing the same thing as Iggy! :smile2:

Also I thought it was fun that that post was made today since today is the feast of St. Colette!

3wod3-75019_Icone_SCC_R1.jpg