Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Dear Priests, Please Teach Us..."


Recommended Posts

truthfinder
Posted

Thanks for posting this Dame Agnes. I thought the article was good but I was a bit disheartened by some of the comments saying that homilies weren't places for priests to explain teaching. 

It's been a personal experience that priests who do indeed preach in the way she asks for or don't water down the teaching do have younger congregants who are committed. 

Posted

I agree with you. The homilies people seem to respond to the best, at least in my parish, are the homilies where what we believe is spelled out. A lot of Catholics actually don't know what it is they don't know.

Posted

I'm a big proponent of adult education. The Code of Canon Law came out in 1983, the Theology of the Body in the 90's, and the Catechism in 1992. So most Catholics were out of school before then. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...