An Old School Catholic Message Board

Statue restoration

Makarioi

Hi everyone,

My grandmother had a statue of Our Lady that was kept on her dresser in her bedroom that was given to her by my grandfather.  As a child, I used to just sit and stare at her, pray and wonder as a child would. Her face is beautiful. The colors of her clothing have yellowed over time, but her colors were never 'bright'. I have the statue and I'd say she must be at least 68-70 ish years old. She has a few chips and I was wondering if anyone ever had a statue repaired or restored. The statue is very special to me and I need a pro!  Thanks! 

sr.christinaosf

We've had a few of our statues here repainted by a local man.

He's the cousin of a couple of our residents.

Wasn't impressed by what resulted in Google Nikita which is why I asked here.  However, Sr Christina gave me the idea of asking our Cathedral and Shrine about it. 

truthfinder
1 hour ago, Makarioi said:

Wasn't impressed by what resulted in Google Nikita which is why I asked here.  However, Sr Christina gave me the idea of asking our Cathedral and Shrine about it. 

You can also ask at a Catholic store.  One that I've shopped in, the owner has actually restored/repainted statues herself and they've turned out well.  At a similar shop, they'd probably know somebody. 

inperpetuity

There is a nun at the Buffalo Carmel who does exquisite statue restoration for a donation.  If you are in the US, and would like more info., please pm me.