An Old School Catholic Message Board

Handmaids of the Precious Blood (Nuns for Priests)

DameAgnes

DominicanHeart

I was in touch with them. I absolutely love their Charism! I just wish Mother would email me back. All in God's time I guess.

It says in the article that someone passes stuff on to her. I wonder if that person is not reading you right. 

DominicanHeart
29 minutes ago, DameAgnes said:

It says in the article that someone passes stuff on to her. I wonder if that person is not reading you right. 

Maybe. I've mentioned that I'm interested in discerning with them and visiting. How can that be read wrong?

41 minutes ago, DominicanHeart said:

Maybe. I've mentioned that I'm interested in discerning with them and visiting. How can that be read wrong?

Write to the bishop, Richard Stika, at 805 S Northshore Dr, Knoxville, TN 37919. He's the one who brought the nuns to Tennessee from New Mexico. They've been very busy during their move, and getting established in their new home, and so forth, but Stika is a go-getter, and the nuns listen to him. He might be able to put in a good word for you.

That's a good idea. 

you know what might be a good idea, too? I saw on Twitter that they tweeted this piece out. Perhaps you could leave a comment at the piece that you would like to touch base with them about discernment, or thy to contact them on their twitter feed, asking if they have a Come and See weekend scheduled...if they're tracking the story, they will probably see it!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

maybe your email went to spam. It happens. You could call them. They do answer their emails.

They are really happy they have moved, etc. What a beautiful place they now have! 

DominicanHeart
27 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

I love their apostolate, too, but I would rather die than wear red. Freckled curse...

;) 

But you would be in a cloister

1 hour ago, DominicanHeart said:

But you would be in a cloister

Which means it would be an unbearable penance to my sisters. That's hardly charity.

Srsly: Have you ever seen a freckled person in red? Or even standing near red? A freckled person standing next to a red car looks all red herself. It's horrible. It's like the red is a virus that immediately spreads over our skin and consumes it.

Horrible color.

• 6 months later...
graciandelamadrededios

Sister Rose Anne of Jesus at Villa Cor Jesu in Jemez Springs, NM July 22, 1966

Sister Rose Anne of Jesus at Villa Cor Jesu in Jemez Springs, NM July 22, 1966Sister Rose Anne of Jesus at Villa Cor Jesu in Jemez Springs, NM July 22, 1966

On 4/20/2016 at 10:16 PM, Gabriela said:

Which means it would be an unbearable penance to my sisters. That's hardly charity.

Srsly: Have you ever seen a freckled person in red? Or even standing near red? A freckled person standing next to a red car looks all red herself. It's horrible. It's like the red is a virus that immediately spreads over our skin and consumes it.

Horrible color.

Red was my class color in college (they rotate on a 4-year cycle). Among other things, we had to wear gym suits in our class color. One of my best friends--then and now--almost didn't go there because she was a freckled red-head. Then she found out that red was also the class color at her second-choice college. :smile2:

graciandelamadrededios

Mother-David-Marie-with-Pope-John-Paul-II-1990-1024x848.jpg

I noticed that they wear black veils when they go out, not sure if its still a current practice.

Mother-David-Marie-Final-Vows-1961.jpg

Mother David Marie of Our Mother of Sorrows, HPB (on her final vow in 1961)

Santa-Fe-Clinic-1961.jpg

• 4 years later...

I cannot count how many times emails I have sent or received have gone to 'spam' - even with long-time friends whose current email addresses are in my address book. If it has been a long interval, sending another email is a good idea.

I don't know this community, but many cloistered congregations have someone who manages their email and/or Internet site. If they are in a process of moving, it is possible whomever monitors the mail is holding mail until they are settled. I've seen some sites for Orders which are strictly cloistered which state that prayer requests and requests for meetings are the only ones they actually read. (I know yours is in the latter category.)