An Old School Catholic Message Board

How the Hell Is PhuturePriest Still a Chummy Commoner?

Gabriela

1 hour ago, PhuturePriest said:

When was that a requirement?

about an hour ago.

#so_sorry

@dUSt: How many votes do we need to get this man a CM tag?

5 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Not old enough to buy beer.

Depends on what country you're in, actually.

1 hour ago, Gabriela said:

@dUSt: How many votes do we need to get this man a CM tag?

Depends on what country you're in, actually.

Phatmass is in the country of Texas.  Therefore, texas rules...

#so_sorry_srsly

PhuturePriest

I drank and bought alcohol in Canada last October, actually.

#Canada #Canadiansdolawsbetter

CatherineM
5 hours ago, jcorsetti said:

Canada's not a country

My passport and tax bill says it is. 

PhuturePriest
5 minutes ago, jcorsetti said:

you need to trust me

I drink, and I know things

Fixed.

Ash Wednesday
On 05/05/2016, 18:15:24, PhuturePriest said:

When was that a requirement?

I'm not sure. It was posted with tongue planted firmly in cheek. :|

I could be easily bribed and probably legal on your part if you were in England, but alas, I have no Groupage Superpowers.

On May 6, 2016 at 8:23:05 PM, PhuturePriest said:

This is yet another proof that democracy is dead in modern society.

2239 It is the duty of citizens to contribute along with the civil authorities to the good of society in a spirit of truth, justice, solidarity, and freedom. The love and service of one's country follow from the duty of gratitude and belong to the order of charity. Submission to legitimate authorities and service of the common good require citizens to fulfill their roles in the life of the political community. 

2240 Submission to authority and co-responsibility for the common good make it morally obligatory to pay taxes, to exercise the right to vote, and to defend one's country:

I sort of think that the moral obligation to vote pretty much excludes dictatorships.   Moral and thoughtful voting seems to be the leaven Catholics hope to be in society.    Sorry we all aren't pining for being told what to do by some "divinely " endowed ruler and accepting some sort of totalitarianism.    

Nihil Obstat

"48. But in matters merely political, as, for instance, the best form of government, and this or that system of administration, a difference of opinion is lawful. Those, therefore, whose piety is in other respects known, and whose minds are ready to accept in all obedience the decrees of the apostolic see, cannot in justice be accounted as bad men because they disagree as to subjects We have mentioned; and still graver wrong will be done them, if - as We have more than once perceived with regret - they are accused of violating, or of wavering in, the Catholic faith."

http://w2.vatican.va/content/leo-xiii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_l-xiii_enc_01111885_immortale-dei.html

PhuturePriest
1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

2239 It is the duty of citizens to contribute along with the civil authorities to the good of society in a spirit of truth, justice, solidarity, and freedom. The love and service of one's country follow from the duty of gratitude and belong to the order of charity. Submission to legitimate authorities and service of the common good require citizens to fulfill their roles in the life of the political community. 

2240 Submission to authority and co-responsibility for the common good make it morally obligatory to pay taxes, to exercise the right to vote, and to defend one's country:

I sort of think that the moral obligation to vote pretty much excludes dictatorships.   Moral and thoughtful voting seems to be the leaven Catholics hope to be in society.    Sorry we all aren't pining for being told what to do by some "divinely " endowed ruler and accepting some sort of totalitarianism.    

I'm not sure what this has to do with me getting a Church Militant tag. :P

I also find it incredibly ironic that people are petitioning for me to get a Church Militant tag, given the events of the last half of the previous year. :P

2 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with me getting a Church Militant tag. :P

I also find it incredibly ironic that people are petitioning for me to get a Church Militant tag, given the events of the last half of the previous year. :P

I agree.  I don't think you need some fancy smancy phorum label to affirm your Cathilic bad-assity.   Your posts stand well enough on their own.