An Old School Catholic Message Board

George Zimmerman Selling Gun He Used To Murder Trayvon Martin

Meh.  It's a (supposedly) free country.  The guy can sell whatever of his own property he likes, and give the money to whomever/whatever he chooses.  It's not like any of this affects any of us at all.  If you hate the guy, why keep giving him more publicity?

Just now, Socrates said:

Meh.  It's a (supposedly) free country.  The guy can sell whatever of his own property he likes, and give the money to whomever/whatever he chooses.  It's not like any of this affects any of us at all.  If you hate the guy, why keep giving him more publicity?

Who said it wasn't a free country or he couldn't sell the gun? Who said he couldn't give all the glory to God? I don't think anyone said he couldn't. I just made a thread about it because he's one of the biggest p.o.s. that exist and I think it's good that the people who defend/defended him see this. The guy also has the audacity to also call Trayvon's parents horrible parents in a recent interview. As I said earlier scum.

Edited by Guest

Not A Real Name

Zimmerman is a puppy compared to a lot of people. I hardly believe he is one of the biggest p.o.s. that exists. In any case he was found not guilty, so he was able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he was acting in self-defence.  If you hate him then I would recommend praying for him. 

OJ proved he didn't murder Nicole either. You're point is irrelevant. If you want to think Zimmerman is a "puppy dog" go ahead. I'll stick with scum. And I don't hate anyone. As for praying for him? Meh.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Not A Real Name said:

Zimmerman is a puppy compared to a lot of people. 

Yeah people who rape women and rape/molest kids are pretty sick. Although guys who murder teenagers are right up there.

I do not think George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon.  Nor does a jury, after a trial, nor does the Justice Department after investigation as requested by Obama's administration. 

Not to say Zimmerman isn't a loathsome person and Trayvon's death isn't a tragedy , but not a murder.   I think dwelling on Trayvon, takes attention away from more likely instances of injustice, like for Freddie Gray, Tamir Rice, Chicago, etc.

Not A Real Name
21 hours ago, Josh said:

OJ proved he didn't murder Nicole either. You're point is irrelevant. If you want to think Zimmerman is a "puppy dog" go ahead. I'll stick with scum. And I don't hate anyone. As for praying for him? Meh.

He didn't prove he didn't murder Nicole, the prosecution was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he murdered Nicole.  The point isn't irrelevant. It's only irrelevant to you because you've never been in a situation where you were found not guilty but were still bring treated as if you were found guilty. If you don't like the verdict that's fine, but you can't accuse him of something that was never proven. You know, innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. ;)

You call him scum but say you don't hate anyone? Hmmm. 

Not A Real Name
9 hours ago, Josh said:

You can think someone is scum and not hate them. You don't think anyone is scum? Really?

No, oddly enough, I don't. If I did though I would never deny I hate them. Maybe it's just me but I've never used words like "scum" or "p.o.s." as terms of endearment.;)

On 5/23/2016 at 9:03 PM, Josh said:

Who said it wasn't a free country or he couldn't sell the gun? Who said he couldn't give all the glory to God? I don't think anyone said he couldn't. I just made a thread about it because he's one of the biggest p.o.s. that exist and I think it's good that the people who defend/defended him see this. The guy also has the audacity to also call Trayvon's parents horrible parents in a recent interview. As I said earlier scum.

While I have no desire to get into the whole endless debate again, I've seen absolutely no convincing evidence that Zimmerman was in fact guilty of murder.  And the auction of the gun has no bearing on that one way or the other (and at least apparently the money's going to good causes).  He may be an idiot, but not a murderer.  But that's just my opinion, just as your opinion is nothing but your opinion.  

I honestly don't see the point in endlessly piling hate on a dude you don't know, and who has no effect on your life.  (And, no, repeatedly calling someone a "p.o.s." and "scum" does not show love, at least not where I come from.)  It's not Christian, and is a complete waste of time and energy.  Absolutely nothing positive is coming out of this cr@p.

So @Socrates you're calling me out for calling him names when you said in the other thread our Catholic brother in Christ Mark Shea can go **** himself. Gotcha. Sorta the do as I say not as I do motto. No problem I'm good at that as well.

4 hours ago, Not A Real Name said:

No, oddly enough, I don't. If I did though I would never deny I hate them. Maybe it's just me but I've never used words like "scum" or "p.o.s." as terms of endearment.;)

Well you're a better person than me (no surprise most people are) I do find people to be scum a lot of the time on this wonderful planet. Myself included. I just don't stalk and murder black unarmed teenagers walking back to their home at 7:30 after getting some skittles and a drink. But my scummy activities are horrible. Many Priest have heard my cringe worthy Confessions. Ahhhh can always count on the Catholic forums to support and stick up for Zimmerman. Some things never change.

Edited by Guest

Not A Real Name
4 hours ago, Josh said:

So @Socrates you're calling me out for calling him names when you said in the other thread our Catholic brother in Christ Mark Shea can go **** himself. Gotcha. Sorta the do as I say not as I do motto. No problem I'm good at that as well.

Well you're a better person than me (no surprise most people are) I do find people to be scum a lot of the time on this wonderful planet. Myself included. I just don't stalk and murder black unarmed teenagers walking back to their home at 7:30 after getting some skittles and a drink. But my scummy activities are horrible. Many Priest have heard my cringe worthy Confessions. Ahhhh can always count on the Catholic forums to support and stick up for Zimmerman. Some things never change.

I'm not really supporting him or defending him. All I'm saying is he was found not guilty by a court of law which means a jury of our peers also did not see him in the same bloodthirsty light as yourself.  So why not leave him alone? Who cares about what he's selling or why? If you want Zimmerman's spotlight to die out then stop pointing one on him.

Also drop the "I'm such a horrible sinner" bit cause no one here cares.  We're all horrible sinners in need of mercy and forgiveness and that's the freaking point! Zimmerman needs it just as much as much as you and I! Last time I checked we are called to forgive as we woukd like to be forgiven.   In any case your personal failings have no bearing on the conversation and they do not give you a free pass to say whatever you want about a man and teenager whos character you know nothing about. 

Anyway as Socrates said, nothing positives is coming from the turd fest, so I'm out. Hope everyone's day is great. 

Peace (not the member but the salutation)