An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seeking TLM or ad Orientum teaching Nuns

Lambssupper

Lambssupper

I'm charged by my pastor to try to find an order of teaching nuns who are traditional ( TLM or ad Orientum) to come run and teach at our small school. Any suggestions?

reminiscere

The only ones I know of (that are non-SSPX associated)/in a 'regular' position are the Dominicans of the Holy Ghost, in France. 

AveMariaPurissima
23 hours ago, Lambssupper said:

I'm charged by my pastor to try to find an order of teaching nuns who are traditional ( TLM or ad Orientum) to come run and teach at our small school. Any suggestions?

You might want to try asking in Vocation Station -- the folks there are very knowledgeable about lots of religious orders! :)

P.S. -- Welcome to Phatmass!

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AveMariaMaterDei

Hope this helps! :-)

https://www.saintbenedict.com/apostolates/ihm-school

Are you looking for them in a specific area or just any TLM. ad Orientum teaching nuns anywhere?!? If anywhere, I know of some in other countries that I came across during my expansive search of different religious orders and communities, that are TLM/ad Orientum, as well, that I can post links to if you'd like me to. :-)

Edited by beatitude
To remove links to sedevacantist groups

chrysostom
On 7/8/2019 at 5:01 AM, AveMariaMaterDei said:

Hope this helps! :-)

https://www.saintbenedict.com/apostolates/ihm-school

Are you looking for them in a specific area or just any TLM. ad Orientum teaching nuns anywhere?!? If anywhere, I know of some in other countries that I came across during my expansive search of different religious orders and communities, that are TLM/ad Orientum, as well, that I can post links to if you'd like me to. :-)

There used to be a permanent post containing rules for posting, but it doesn't exist anymore, so I don't think you know about it - but Phatmass does ask that you link to and recommend only communities that have the canonical recognition of the diocesan bishop. This would not just affect certain communities that operate despite diocesan disapproval but also applies to fledgling communities that have not as of yet received official recognition.

So in this case the Still River Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are fine to post on since they are cleared with the bishop, but the CMRI (sedevacantist), the Round Top Daughters of Mary (sedevacantist), and the SSPX do not have this diocesan approval. Personally I do hope the SSPX will be regularised sooner rather than later, but nevertheless they don't meet the guidelines at this moment. Thanks for understanding!

AveMariaMaterDei
17 hours ago, chrysostom said:

There used to be a permanent post containing rules for posting, but it doesn't exist anymore, so I don't think you know about it - but Phatmass does ask that you link to and recommend only communities that have the canonical recognition of the diocesan bishop. This would not just affect certain communities that operate despite diocesan disapproval but also applies to fledgling communities that have not as of yet received official recognition.

So in this case the Still River Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are fine to post on since they are cleared with the bishop, but the CMRI (sedevacantist), the Round Top Daughters of Mary (sedevacantist), and the SSPX do not have this diocesan approval. Personally I do hope the SSPX will be regularised sooner rather than later, but nevertheless they don't meet the guidelines at this moment. Thanks for understanding!

Thank you for telling me about this rule! I didn't know there were any rules or anything like that on here against posting any sort of links.

Edited by AveMariaMaterDei