An Old School Catholic Message Board

Old Carmelite Documentary

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Swami Mommy

This was a lovely video.  The nuns looked so peaceful and happy and their voices were so soft and sweet and gentle.  

Thank you for sharing this lovely video.I particularly enjoyed the interview with young Sr Imelda who expressed such joy and happiness in entering the Community.

According to the National Library of Wales, Mr. Davies--a noted BBC presenter at the time--and the producer, David J. Thomas, won an award for this 1959 program in an international competition in Monte Carlo.  It obviously had an impact on its viewers.  From a journalism standpoint, this lovely video is a wonderful example of how to profile a subject and conduct interviews with professionalism and sensitivity.  It's also very British!

Thanks for posting, Sister.

BarbTherese

Beautiful video and the second time I have watched it.  The Love that is for all embracing all, no exceptions.

Thank you for sharing, Sister.

One thing that has intrigued me about the documentary is right at the beginning and the Sisters of The Assumption (active order).  When I was married, there was a group of lay women in our parish called something like "Companions of Martha" who had the apostolate of helping out families or anyone in need and going into their homes similar to the Sisters of The Assumption as per documentary.  I did look at their now website.  Does such a charism exist somewhere in religious life today?.....or even in secular institutes or lay movements and as their specific apostolate?

Edited by BarbaraTherese

graciandelamadrededios

Thanks for sharing the video Sr. Mary Catherine. 

It was nice to see the Sisters wearing the great/grate veil and when they installed a grille with spikes on them!