An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Emu Wars

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest
25 minutes ago, truthfinder said:

I know :)

and btw, of all the handwriting I've seen - it's the priests who have the worst - lead, at the helm, by the terrible handwriting of their bishop.

My calling has never been so certain. :|

I should send you a picture of my handwriting sometime.

truthfinder
4 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

My calling has never been so certain. :|

I should send you a picture of my handwriting sometime.

Feel free - I grade student papers as well, so the art of deciphering is not new to me. 

PhuturePriest
6 minutes ago, truthfinder said:

Feel free - I grade student papers as well, so the art of deciphering is not new to me. 

Sorry it's fuzzy, my camera is pretty bad. And the part I crossed out was because the pen stopped working and it screwed up the letter. :P

13550906_1154460747908096_1225127238_n.j

PhuturePriest
4 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Oh dear.

There's actually a correlation between having bad handwriting and being really smart. :|

Edited by PhuturePriest

truthfinder
2 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

Sorry it's fuzzy, my camera is pretty bad. And the part I crossed out was because the pen stopped working and it screwed up the letter. :P

haha, that's cute - that's literally some of the neater writing I've seen.  Much more legible than my own. 

Nihil Obstat

Legible yes, it certainly is that. But at some point the elephant in the room has to be addressed, namely that it looks like a ten year old's printing drills. :|

PhuturePriest
6 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Legible yes, it certainly is that. But at some point the elephant in the room has to be addressed, namely that it looks like a ten year old's printing drills. :|

I'm working on becoming a little child. Stop making fun of my sanctity. :|

truthfinder
7 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Oh indeed.  Many of my students' writing looks like it's never gotten any better (or undergone any change) since they were about 10. And some are really proud of it - some people, even some young profs are basically proud that they don't know how to handwrite. But when it comes to writing, I don't mind the chicken scratch as much as the bubbly fonts and particularly where all the letters are the same size and where the person has written it with absolutely exact spacing between every letter and often between words.  That's what makes me want to rip my eyes out. 

PhuturePriest

I can make it look nicer if I really take my time about it, but it's just impractical. My main scruple is legibility. I can't stand writing that requires deciphering to understand.

I literally could write better with my feet.  

I'm shocked that people could actually be proud of poor handwriting.  Personally, I find it easier and faster to write in cursive, and cursive is much more legible.  

How do people learn to create a signature ?    Do you just print your name?   Signatures are fun and unique and very much s personal expression.  It's sad kids are being robbed of a little bit of personal elegance with not having a signature.  

PhuturePriest
57 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

I literally could write better with my feet.  

I'm shocked that people could actually be proud of poor handwriting.  Personally, I find it easier and faster to write in cursive, and cursive is much more legible.  

How do people learn to create a signature ?    Do you just print your name?   Signatures are fun and unique and very much s personal expression.  It's sad kids are being robbed of a little bit of personal elegance with not having a signature.  

Your feet are most skillful. You should see what my writing looked like when I was 16.

I can barely read anyone's cursive. I almost always have to ask someone to help me decipher cursive, and usually they can't figure it out, either.

I can write my signature in cursive. That's simply all I can do in cursive, however. :P Honestly, I rarely even write my signature. I don't use checks, so unless there's some important document I'm signing, there's simply no occasion to use it.

Edited by PhuturePriest