An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fraternite Notre Dame

Kateri89

Has anyone heard of this community?  I accidentally stumbled upon a video of their soup kitchen in San Francisco so I looked them up.  I've never heard of them which is surprising because there are so few communities in the US that exclusively celebrate the Tridentine Mass.  Are they in good standing with the Church?  They seem to do amazing work with and for the poor.

http://www.fraternitenotredame.com/2011_2_0/index.php

Totally Franciscan

Unfortunately, they are not in good standing with the Church.  One of these sisters comes to sell her baked goods at our Farmer's Market, and I talked with her a bit and she gave me a brochure about her order.  Their motherhouse is in Chicago.  I called the Chicago Diocese to see what they had to say about them; they are not Roman Catholic, but I can't remember now whether they are sedevacante or what.  They do wonderful work in San Francisco with feeding the poor, hungry, and homeless.  They recently lost their store front that they used due to rent skyrocketing.  Someone (a celebrity I think) came forward and bought them another place, so their work does continue.  I am sorry I am sketchy on the details, but it has been over a year since I talked with this sister and the Chicago diocese.

NadaTeTurbe

They're not catholic at all ! 

They are part of a schismatic movement, centered around false apparition of Mary in Le Fréchou, France. A lot of people recognize them as a cult, centered around "Mgr" Jean, the man who lie about seeing Our Lady since decades. Beware ! 

• Ice_nine locked this topic