An Old School Catholic Message Board

Habit "reversions" in Carmel and a new website

Graciela

For any Carmelite discerners among the VS community, you might be interested to know that two Carmels of the Mary, Queen of Carmel            Association have returned to the full traditional Discalced Carmelite habit, from a modified habit and view. Their websites do not tell the story of that decision but I noted it when I was looking at both their web sites.  My best guess is that both have made the change in the past two years.

Both observe a traditional horarium. Pewaukee observes a hermit day each week, with Exposition and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament during the day, from after Mass in the morning until 6 pm.  BTW, Pewaukee Carmel was the monastery of poet Jessica Powers (Sister Miriam of the Holy Spirit).

They are Sioux City Carmel:  https://www.siouxcitycarmel.org/

And Pewaukee (Wisconsin) Carmel of the Mother of God: http://www.pewaukeecarmel.com/

Pewaukee just posted a new website very recently and it is lovely.

Pewaukee is about 20 minutes away from me and I never knew they were there!  They look to be located on/near the shores of Pewaukee Lake.  Beautiful.

AveMariaPurissima
6 hours ago, DominicanHeart said:

What???:idontknow:

:x:nun3: are the emoticons that showed up with your post.  The juxtaposition of those two is kind of funny... 

graciandelamadrededios

Nice websites

Sr. Mary Carmela of Sioux City Carmel

ConsCarmelSister6-11.jpg

Edited by graciandelamadrededios

DominicanHeart
4 hours ago, AveMariaPurissima said:

:x:nun3: are the emoticons that showed up with your post.  The juxtaposition of those two is kind of funny... 

Alright