picchick Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Who was your Confirmation Saint? Why did you pick them? Mine is St. Joan of Arc. It was going to be St. Bernedette but I changed it at the last minute. I don't know why I chose it then. I barely knew anything about her. Now I love her and love learning about her. I guess she and I are a little alike. Now I am practically a walking biography of St. Joan of Arc. Now, how about you?
let_go_let_God Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Mine is St. Catherine of Alexandria. I chose her, because she was the saintly intercessor of St. Joan of Arc and was also her patron saint. She is also the patron saint of female scholars (also wheelwrights). Also my patron saint is St. Joan of Arc.
Pio Nono Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 JMJ 6/20 - Thirteenth Sunday My confirmation patron is St. Apollinarius of Ravenna, a martyr and one of the original 72. I chose him because his name sounded cool (I was 15 and I couldn't have cared less about my faith then). However, he's been a powerful "quiet intercessor" - I credit my entry into seminary and my fascination with Roman culture to him, though I've asked him for neither. The patrons of my vocation at St. Thomas More (martyr and all-around cool guy) and St. Josemaria Escriva (founder of an order and a cool guy).
Cure of Ars Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 My middle name is Wayne so I wanted this as my patron saint name. But I could not find a saint Wayne. So I picked St. Fransis because he knew how to party when he was young and because he was a fool for Christ.
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 St. Patrick, because he's the patron saint of engineers. Also, I have a bigger excuse to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I think I'm going to have a big throw down for it next year!
let_go_let_God Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 20 2004, 10:04 PM'] St. Patrick, because he's the patron saint of engineers. Also, I have a bigger excuse to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I think I'm going to have a big throw down for it next year! [/quote] That's awesome. I get to celebrate St. Catherine's Feast Day really cool like too this year, its on Thanksgiving!
BurkeFan Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 St. Raphael, the archangel. Partially because my great-grandfather was named Raphael, and partially because you just can't go wrong with an Arch-Angel. In the years following my confirmation, my life did echo his patronage (struggles, healing, etc.), and so I would have still chosen him. I'm not sure if I would have now though, I might have gone with St Athanasius, because he rocks, and I was born on his feast day.... or maybe St. Thomas Aquinas... so many good choices... I am happy I chose St. Raphael though at a time where I didn't really put much thought into it. In Christ, Dave
VeraMaria Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Saint Therese. I couldn't decide between her and St. Teresa of avila(who I'm more alike in temperament and character) but then I read that Therese's confirmation saint was st teresa, so i chose st therese of lisieux and am connected to both
OwNeD_byGoD Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 i am doing RCIA this year and i am thinking about choosing st.josemaria escriva =) or st.john francis regis or st.john vianney =P
cantstopdancin9 Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 I get confirmed next year but I want the little flower cause I love her writings.
Andrea348 Posted June 22, 2004 Posted June 22, 2004 I was between Zita and Barbara. I ended up choosing St. Barbara because my adult leader from a retreat I went on in 8th grade was named Barbara and she helped me out a lot with my faith. I wanted her to be my sponser, but my mom said I had to choose my aunt because I promised her in 4th grade. St. Barbara was also very courageous. She converted to Christianity despite her fathers wishes and was killed because of it.
CreepyCrawler Posted June 22, 2004 Posted June 22, 2004 st. michael the archangel because he protects me from satan and i love that he's a soldier-like figure (maybe i'm violent?), reminds me to be strong
PaxVobis Posted June 22, 2004 Posted June 22, 2004 St. John Chrysostom - Because I LOVE the liturgy especially the eastern liturgies. Tony
Oik Posted June 22, 2004 Posted June 22, 2004 Saint Christopher, because his name means "Christ-Bearer." Also, because he alledgedly held the burden (or weight) of the world for a second. I entertained the thought of the Vigin Mary, though.
NLUVWITJC Posted June 22, 2004 Posted June 22, 2004 St Anne, mother of Mary. I chose her because of her Yes to God in delivering Mary, the Virgin Mother of Jesus.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now