An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Rob Galea's advice for vocation discernment

DameAgnes

Didn't know about a priest auditioning in Australia. Looked it up on YouTube. He's alright. Y'all should check it out.

@dUSt: Still getting the 403 error when I try to embed video.

From the article:

"It would be horrible is to lose a vocation because you are scared, because fear doesn’t come from God. So one of the things is to acknowledge what God might be calling you to, and do it scared. (My bolding of the font.). Go forward in your fear. We will never know for sure whether this person is the right person for us when we’re getting married. We’ll never know for sure if religious life is for us. The thing is, you have to pursue it and take the risk, thinking, “If it possibly might be the will of God, I’m going to try and do it.” He will show you in due time.

I think the biggest pain comes in resisting to dying to self, not in actually dying to self. It’s like the moment before jumping out of an airplane, not actually skydiving. It’s easy to skydive; it’s fun. But that moment where you have to jump out of the plane is the most painful moment. Having jumped out is the most joyful moment, the most liberating, the most free. So if you want freedom, say yes. You may discover it’s not for you, but even that generosity of saying yes to God is a life-changing decision."

- See more at: http://aleteia.org/2016/08/13/fr-rob-galeas-vocation-advice-acknowledge-what-god-might-be-calling-you-to-and-do-it-scared/?ru=7d0dabf925c1cd3407960de2fac86c52#sthash.FO9YGWJi.dpuf

3 hours ago, Gabriela said:

Didn't know about a priest auditioning in Australia. Looked it up on YouTube. He's alright. Y'all should check it out.

@dUSt: Still getting the 403 error when I try to embed video.

"He's alright." @Gabriela keeping it real :hehe2:

7 hours ago, katherineH said:

"He's alright." @Gabriela keeping it real :hehe2:

Well, he's not amazing. And personally, I think he's just singing the usual crappy Christian contemporary croutons. It's the worst genre of music in the world, totally devoid of creativity and cleverness. It all sounds the freaking same. Someone should really do something about that. It could be him.

But it ain't.

So, you know, "he's alright" for that croutons he does.

;) 

Spem in alium
6 hours ago, Gabriela said:

Well, he's not amazing. And personally, I think he's just singing the usual crappy Christian contemporary croutons. It's the worst genre of music in the world, totally devoid of creativity and cleverness. It all sounds the freaking same. Someone should really do something about that. It could be him.

But it ain't.

So, you know, "he's alright" for that croutons he does.

;) 

Agreed (though coming from Australia, where he's got almost rock star status, it may be dangerous to say that aloud). That being said, I think he does very good things for youth. 

My favourite song of his is this one. It doesn't really have that same "pop" vibe as his other music and is about abandonment and the Eucharist.