An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chain Letters

azaelia

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jun 22 2004, 10:11 PM'] I sent it to some friends, lol, they thought it was hilarious

then they go and send me like 15 chain letters...."bloody mary".....save the trees....say veronica 9 times in front of a mirror and die...send this to X people and find ur love...:wacko: :lol: [/quote]
I usually delete chain letters. When I saw this one I had to send to some friends. My brother sent it to me and watched me as I did it. I didn't smack myself though. I just gave him a look while he laughed. It was funny seeing my dad do it. He was like "No I don't see any letter." Gregory had penguin. then nancy. And then he thought, "oh yeah there is a n on my hand."

:rolling: Crazy and fun family I got here.

• 8 months later...

I hate chain mail!

Theres also the one where if you send a dollar to this guy, a dollar to that guy, and to like 6 different people ,you get a ton of money back or something. I aint fallin for that!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I actually wrote some friends back a nice little e-mail after she sent me a lovely little letter... you know that dumb lotus totus one...
[quote]I'm sorry, but being Catholic, this e-mail is just plain DUMB.  Seriously.  I'm not going to joke about this.  All these e-mails and chain letters we just forward along with out a care is getting to be dumb.  We really need to start to take a look at what we are sending.  We send these letters on, whether as a joke or for "inspiration".  Some of them are fine, but things like this are ridiculous.  IN fact, this itself could be considered to go against the 1st commandment with the whole "Send this letter on and your life will change".  E-mails don't change our lives, GOD DOES!  I know you may think that I have no sense of humor and I am taking this too far, but honestly I am fed up with all the carp I find in my inbox about making "wishes" and sending stuff along to make those wishes come true.  A stupid dumb little e-mail is not going to do that.  SO let's stop wasting SO MUCH time sending spam along, and spend more time writing meaningful letters to people to say hello and see how things are and praying to God.  God is the only one who will give us knowledge, TRUE LOVE, and the peace and joy we long for in life.  If you do not take this to heart and think that this is petty of me, think about all the chain letters you have sent, and the time you could save by not have even read or sent them, and how much you could have grown spiritually if you had only prayed.  I commend those who delete this e-mails as soon as they are in their inbox, but I only write this to voice my concern.  God Bless and Mary Protect!
Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts,
Angela[/quote]
I was rather upset at the time and I'm sure they just deleted what I wrote...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='picchick' date='Jun 22 2004, 05:56 AM'] My brother's friend sent him this one. I don't think it was a chain letter but it was pretty funny and I sent it on to all my friends.

Think of a letter between A and W.

Repeat it out loud as you scroll down.

Keep going . . . Don't stop . . ..

Look at you palm very closely and notice the lines in your hand

Do the lines take the form of the first letter in the persons name?

. Of course not......

.Now smack yourself in the head, get a life, and quit playing stupid
e-mail games! [/quote]
Just sent this to my youth minister, she got a kick out of it... :rolling: both her and the director for Jr. High Rel. Ed. were doing it lol... :lol:

• 4 years later...
Vincent Vega

[quote name='picchick' post='234696' date='Jun 23 2004, 12:17 AM']Gregory had penguin. then nancy. And then he thought, "oh yeah there is a n on my hand."[/quote]
That, actually, is exactly what I did.
I'm not even messin.
:mellow:

Haha, I was wondering why my sister suddenly started posting again on PM, then saw the date. I love that email.