An Old School Catholic Message Board

Desert Nuns

Makarioi

I read on Our Lady of Solitude blog (desertnuns.com) under 'This, That, and The Other Thing' that as of June 12, 2016, Sr. John-Mark Maria reached the 6 month countdown before her Perpetual Profession of Holy Vows on Dec 12, 2016.  I thought to myself how wonderful that was.  Then, I read that their Novice, Sr. Augusta, discerned that she was not called to their way of life and returned home which was sad to read, but I guess the Lord has other plans for her. 

Prayers and good wishes for both

Time flies !!.............it seems only yesterday that Sr John-Mark Maria entered. Many prayers for her as she prepares for her Perpetual Profession in December and also for Sr Augusta at this time.

Does anyone know why their website has a blurb announcing their autonomy and new leadership?  Was there a problem before?

I love Poor Clares and I'm happy to see they're doing well.

3 hours ago, Quasar said:

Does anyone know why their website has a blurb announcing their autonomy and new leadership?  Was there a problem before?

I love Poor Clares and I'm happy to see they're doing well.

As far as I know, this is just a formal stage of them becoming their own entity - just like any other PCPA monastery. 

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
On 9/2/2016 at 6:50 PM, emptyforgod said:

I have been in contact with them... They are truly a beautiful community!

More than beautiful...My full respect and admiration for their decision about they still wear the traditional Holy Habit...In Europe I've seen more and more religious orders wear their newer and "modern fashioned" uniforms, but for me the PCPA outfit is the most favourite :)

Edited by Yinepu Sanctimonialis