An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why does God...

Jack4

I searched "why God" in this site and got About 20,400 results (0.49 seconds) https://www.google.co.in/search?q=why+god+site%3Aphatmass.com%2Fphorum

There are many, many different questions which boil down to "why does God do XYZ". We all have/had such questions. 

A reply from a wonderful priest, which is very true when you think about it (so, please think about this for a moment):

"Why?" questions with respect to God are tricky things. We can't know what God knows nor see as He sees; we can only imagine something like us, only bigger and a lot more powerful, and sometimes that leads us astray.

If you agree, please:

1) Pray for that priest, Fr H.

2) Share this to people it might help. 

3) Prop this post, or reply "Amen" or "Yes".

4) Pray for Fr H. (I know it's twice on the list. It's that important)

<3 PopeFrancis

Why God allows bad is really "free will" on the part of humans.   I recently read on Our Lady of Good Success.  Mother Marianne suffered for her Sisters in Christ.  She went to prison for five years to save a Sister's soul.

4 hours ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

Why God allows bad is really "free will" on the part of humans.  

The problem of evil cannot be solved simply by saying “Free Will,” although that’s what most Catholics have been taught to say. (I am not making this up; I’ve observed it as young as fifth grade, and there’s no upper age limit.)

^Fr H. 

<3 PopeFrancis
On 9/15/2016 at 2:52 AM, Jack4 said:

^Fr H. 

Ok.  Evil is allowed to some level by God, but mostly it is a result of our own sins.  The fact that God "allows" or "permits" is because we do not pray enough to Him.  A saint said (save it Traditionalists) if we were to pray from birth 'til a ripe age we would not have prayed enough for ourselves.  I don't remember who  I feel this at times and which is probably why St. Paul says "Pray without ceasing".

1 hour ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

Ok.  Evil is allowed to some level by God, but mostly it is a result of our own sins.  The fact that God "allows" or "permits" is because we do not pray enough to Him.  A saint said (save it Traditionalists) if we were to pray from birth 'til a ripe age we would not have prayed enough for ourselves.  I don't remember who  I feel this at times and which is probably why St. Paul says "Pray without ceasing".

I still don't agree fully with the first part, but Amen to the second.