Nihil Obstat Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 So, regardless of which candidate you want to win, would prefer to win, are going to vote for, etc. (because frankly I do not care and do not want to know, and it has been done to death), I would like to know what your prediction is for the results of next week's election. One week to go, so we are in the home stretch. Since Trump won the nomination I have personally been convinced that Clinton will have a decisive victory.
Luigi Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 Hillary Clinton by an electoral-college landslide, which is not the same as a popular-vote landslide. She'll have nuns in jail (for not providing abortions at their hospitals, or not providing birth control to their employees) by the end of her first 100 days. The Hill don't play.
PhuturePriest Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 After this FBI ordeal, her polling numbers are way down and now Trump is either ahead or tied in polls. I think she will win, but only by a small electoral margin.
Amppax Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 Clinton by a small margin, in terms of the electoral college. Trump will win Ohio and Florida, which will mean that Clinton stays under 300 electoral votes. Depending on whether Clinton wins North Carolina (I think she will but @Hasanprobably has a better sense of that than I do) it'll be close to a landslide.
McM RSCJ Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 Luigi, I can't tell if you are being facetious. If so, my comment may be out of sync. But if you are serious, I want to say many Women Religious will tell you how closely Hillary Clinton works with them, and has worked with them over the decades, on important social justice concerns, especially for poor children and their mothers. Her position on abortion, for many years, has been that it should be "safe, legal, and rare." She stresses each component equally. I also know that she regularly asks retired Women Religious for their prayers. Her Christian faith is an important part of her life and work.
Anomaly Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 (edited) 1 hour ago, McM RSCJ said: Luigi, I can't tell if you are being facetious. If so, my comment may be out of sync. But if you are serious, I want to say many Women Religious will tell you how closely Hillary Clinton works with them, and has worked with them over the decades, on important social justice concerns, especially for poor children and their mothers. Her position on abortion, for many years, has been that it should be "safe, legal, and rare." She stresses each component equally. I also know that she regularly asks retired Women Religious for their prayers. Her Christian faith is an important part of her life and work. Hillary says the obligatory safe, legal, and rare, but she doesn't prioritize the rare and expands the legal umbrella. That is the problem. For example, she wants to get rid of the Hyde Ammendment that restricts tax payer money from providing abortions. But allowing the Government to pay for abortions, she expands safe and legal, and that doesn't do much for the rarity. The Catholic Church does not condone legal abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. They are okay with medical procedures that may save a woman's life and inadvertently result in an unborn's death, but not an intentional killing of a child. Women Religious (and Catholics) are being duped if they support Hillary and her pro-abortion policies. Edited November 2, 2016 by Anomaly
KnightofChrist Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 (edited) I think it may all depend on what if anything Wiki leaks releases with their "Phase 3" docudump and how well the pro-clinton media hides it from the public. Anyone else keeping up with that? It's pretty interesting, it would completely destroy a Republican candidate, they've uncovered that one or two of the head DOJ investigators have serious conflicts of interest by helping inform Clinton co about the first email investigation. Edited November 2, 2016 by KnightofChrist
Maggyie Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 2 hours ago, McM RSCJ said: Luigi, I can't tell if you are being facetious. If so, my comment may be out of sync. But if you are serious, I want to say many Women Religious will tell you how closely Hillary Clinton works with them, and has worked with them over the decades, on important social justice concerns, especially for poor children and their mothers. Her position on abortion, for many years, has been that it should be "safe, legal, and rare." She stresses each component equally. I also know that she regularly asks retired Women Religious for their prayers. Her Christian faith is an important part of her life and work. Congrats on being coopted, you're no different than people blinded by the religious right. I'd love for you to show me where Hillary has stressed "rareness" as often as she does "safe and legal." Guess what, you can't. Turn your brain back on! It will be HRC by a landslide just because Donald Trump is SO horrible.
dUSt Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 12 minutes ago, Maggyie said: Congrats on being coopted, you're no different than people blinded by the religious right. I'd love for you to show me where Hillary has stressed "rareness" as often as she does "safe and legal." Guess what, you can't. Turn your brain back on! It will be HRC by a landslide just because Donald Trump is SO horrible. People judge Trump on his personality. If we all used the same line of thinking on Obama, he'd be the best president ever (dude has a great personality). I just wish people could look past the surface and vote based on actual policies and things the president will actually be doing while in office.
Maggyie Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 7 minutes ago, dUSt said: People judge Trump on his personality. If we all used the same line of thinking on Obama, he'd be the best president ever (dude has a great personality). I just wish people could look past the surface and vote based on actual policies and things the president will actually be doing while in office. well his proposed policies are horrible. Based on religious freedom alone he is too dangerous to be allowed near the White House. Of course HRC is also too dangerous... so we're dead. well not dead I should say. I feel we will survive either of these jokers as a country and as a church. But it will be pretty terrible.
Gabriela Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 Your survey responses are not exhaustive. Shame on you.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 2, 2016 Author Posted November 2, 2016 40 minutes ago, Gabriela said: Your survey responses are not exhaustive. Shame on you. Is a tie possible?
Peace Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 20 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said: Is a tie possible? Yup. Then it goes back to Congress.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 2, 2016 Author Posted November 2, 2016 50 minutes ago, Peace said: Yup. Then it goes back to Congress. I actually did not know that. Very interesting.
dominicansoul Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 5 hours ago, McM RSCJ said: Luigi, I can't tell if you are being facetious. If so, my comment may be out of sync. But if you are serious, I want to say many Women Religious will tell you how closely Hillary Clinton works with them, and has worked with them over the decades, on important social justice concerns, especially for poor children and their mothers. Her position on abortion, for many years, has been that it should be "safe, legal, and rare." She stresses each component equally. I also know that she regularly asks retired Women Religious for their prayers. Her Christian faith is an important part of her life and work. Hilary doesn't need to work too hard to infiltrate the Catholic Church, it's already infiltrated and poisoned with this liberal mindset.... (btw, there is no such thing as a "safe" abortion. A human being is killed each time...)
BG45 Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 Also possible depending on how the votes fall. If McMillen wins Utah and then they tie electorally, the House deciding would be...interesting. Probably both would then start crying "rigged" or "partisan".
Amppax Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 2 hours ago, BG45 said: Also possible depending on how the votes fall. If McMillen wins Utah and then they tie electorally, the House deciding would be...interesting. Probably both would then start crying "rigged" or "partisan". I will be so happy if McMullin wins Utah. That being said, it is possible that electors would choose someone more prominent for third place, in terms of the house: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2016/10/18098/.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now