An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Requests?

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

I'm going for a few days of prayer this weekend (18th - 21st). I will remember you all in prayer, but feel free to post any particular prayer requests here. I will have intermittent Internet access but will be able to check this thread several times over my retreat.

Blessings!

For my mum and dad. Please thank God for giving me such amesome parents, and ask Him to help me show my gratitude more. :)

For my friend Zayneb, who is feeling lonely and struggling badly with homesickness. She's one of thirteen siblings and going abroad to study for her Master's degree has been a shock to her system - far too much quiet! For my friend Shira, who is struggling with mental health problems, especially anorexia and alcoholism; for my friend Simon, who is depressed; and for the person who abused me, that he will repent, change his behaviour, and know God's love and peace.

For me to gain control of my temper, and to be kinder. For courage and fidelity in following my vocation.

For clarity about my future, and for the best and holiest outcome to a job interview I'm having on 21st November.

Thanks Spem. You're in my prayers too.

Spem in alium
49 minutes ago, beatitude said:

For my mum and dad. Please thank God for giving me such amesome parents, and ask Him to help me show my gratitude more. :)

For my friend Zayneb, who is feeling lonely and struggling badly with homesickness. She's one of thirteen siblings and going abroad to study for her Master's degree has been a shock to her system - far too much quiet! For my friend Shira, who is struggling with mental health problems, especially anorexia and alcoholism; for my friend Simon, who is depressed; and for the person who abused me, that he will repent, change his behaviour, and know God's love and peace.

For me to gain control of my temper, and to be kinder. For courage and fidelity in following my vocation.

For clarity about my future, and for the best and holiest outcome to a job interview I'm having on 21st November.

Thanks Spem. You're in my prayers too.

Thank you, beatitude. I will pray for all you've mentioned; just wanted to say I will particularly seek the intercession of my congregation's foundress re. your job interview. Her feast day is the 21st, and she's very helpful :) 

Thanks Spem!

Please say a prayer for me, that I may become reinployed soon! (I just got out of my mandatory unemployment orientation meeting)

Have  a restful, grace filled retreat! 

I will say a prayer for you as well! ;)

Spem in alium

I am back from my retreat! You were all prayed for daily. It was a beautiful time of silence, peace and refreshment. God bestowed upon me abundant graces. He is my Beloved and I am His. Thank you for your prayer.