Luigi Posted October 11, 2017 Posted October 11, 2017 Based on your screen name, I presume you might like country music, including country Gospel music. Here's Alison Krauss with here guitarist Ron Block. She sings (beautifully), and he plays (simply but perfectly). It was recorded in a church gym or some place like that, on some guy's phone. And the guy sings a wonderful harmony on the last chorus. The song is the old standard "Near the Cross." Slide forward to 0:45 for the music - before that is clowning around and prepping to sing.
DaveGrey Posted October 17, 2017 Posted October 17, 2017 I'm willing to bet almost none of you have heard of Rush. A lot of the few Catholics who've heard of them are somewhat edgy about them, considering they have somewhat liberal viewpoints in some songs. But besides those, they have some rather intriguing lyrics in many of their songs. And also, their actual music is AMAZING.
Oremoose Posted November 30, 2017 Posted November 30, 2017 Taylor Swift's 1989 meets Bruce Springsteen in an interesting manner
Luigi Posted December 7, 2017 Posted December 7, 2017 Perhaps the greatest secular Christmas song ever performed. Darlene Love, 1963, produced by Phil Spector in the "wall of sound" style he developed.
Not A Mallard Posted December 7, 2017 Posted December 7, 2017 I can now listen to my guilty pleasure song in-season
Not A Mallard Posted December 7, 2017 Posted December 7, 2017 23 minutes ago, Not A Mallard said: I can now listen to my guilty pleasure song in-season (wish I could have found a version with more modest thumbnails at the end)
Seven77 Posted May 3, 2019 Posted May 3, 2019 Let's try this again: I just found this… Quite powerful I think: Please continue sharing beautiful music on here.
Not A Mallard Posted May 5, 2019 Posted May 5, 2019 (Wish this orchestra had a less questionable name because their music is terrific)
InCordeRegis Posted May 10, 2019 Posted May 10, 2019 Daughters of Mary Benedictines of Mary The Singing Nuns(Marian Sisters...I think) Simonetta Kitty Cleveland John Michael Talbot Marie Bellet Etc...
AveMariaMaterDei Posted July 6, 2019 Posted July 6, 2019 (edited) Lady of Fatima: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuwXnRFLTo&t=48s Edited July 6, 2019 by AveMariaMaterDei
AveMariaMaterDei Posted July 7, 2019 Posted July 7, 2019 One of my favorites! :-) I love Laura Story's music!!! :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now