An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts?

IMHO, it does do anyone any good for continuously posting silly things about the Holy Father. Even if someone disagrees with some things he does, it is important to remember he is also a man who is in need of our prayers everyday. 

As we prepare for Christmas, let us prepare our hearts for Christ's coming and let us pray for the Holy Father. Please stop creating more division.

I meant doesn't do anyone good

The use of color and contrast within the compositions provides a successful and visually pleasing image on an aesthetic level. The subtle expressionism in the figures works better with the Holy Father than the Cardinals though, the Cardinals seem unfinished, not as refined as the umbrellas they hold. I don't think that was done intentionally by the artist, just a consequence of the artist's technique I would have used color in the background, but the white negative space works. 

...coming back to the critique.  As it is now it kind of appears that the Cardinals are in pian dress because the fascia can be distinctly made out from the cassock. I question the artist's use of the shaded red, black along with black umbrellas would have been more ominous and would have tied into the archetype of the uncompassionate Catholic cleric beloved by cartoonists from time immemorial, but it's apparent the intent was to single out the "Dubiaist" (assuming this cartoon was created recently).

2 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

...coming back to the critique.  As it is now it kind of appears that the Cardinals are in pian dress because the fascia can be distinctly made out from the cassock. I question the artist's use of the shaded red, black along with black umbrellas would have been more ominous and would have tied into the archetype of the uncompassionate Catholic cleric beloved by cartoonists from time immemorial, but it's apparent the intent was to single out the "Dubiaist" (assuming this cartoon was created recently).

It's not - it appeared in 2013. 

CountrySteve21
On 12/19/2016 at 9:50 PM, Josh said:

A neo-Catholic posted it on Facebook. Obviously...

Define "neo-Catholic" please?

Is Michael Matt your uncle or something? You get pretty defensive over him. And that guy constantly mocks people. He can sure dish it out hopefully he can take a little in return.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Is Michael Matt your uncle or something? You get pretty defensive over him. And that guy constantly mocks people. He can sure dish it out hopefully he can take a little in return.

For the record, no (I wish). But should it matter if he was? Sounds more like you are getting defensive over my suggestion that you should not mock him.