An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amazing Day at the Women's March

McM RSCJ

So would you rather have as President someone who believes that people need to change their religious views and who had people in her campaign that wanted to instill a "revolution" in the Church?

4 minutes ago, Norseman82 said:

So would you rather have as President someone who believes that people need to change their religious views and who had people in her campaign that wanted to instill a "revolution" in the Church?

Incidentally, I wonder if any of them were Freemasons.

19 hours ago, McM RSCJ said:

This purpose of this march was to insist upon the dignity of women, but also of all persons everywhere. 

Those of us Religious Women who joined did so in response to our Apostolic call.   For me, I am committed to Catholic Social Teaching, which begins with the dignity of each person and demands that I work for Social justice, Peace, and the integrity of Creation, in that lexical order (though Pope Francis in Laudato Si' is calling us to understand the irreducible interdependence of those three calls.)

Not quite sure why responses to my description of the amazing, God-filled Spirit of the day are focusing on abortion.  Maybe a misunderstanding of the march?  Certainly a misunderstanding of the purpose of this marcher and of many other marchers.

I found this on your website, https://rscj.org/system/files/news/attachments/cmsm-lcwr_joint_letter_to_president_trump_final_copy_1-18-17_new.pdf

but, I did not find a open letter to Cecile Richards.

A new national survey conducted by Marist College's pollster -- which regularly partners with NBC News and the Wall Street Journal -- finds that heavy majorities of Americans believe abortion is morally wrong, and favor an array of mainstream restrictions on the practice. Abortion supporters habitually seek to cast pro-life sentiment as "extreme" and limited to a loud, anti-women minority of voters, but the data betrays that framing as cynical and wishful partisan spin. In reality, many pro-life positions aren't merely solidly mainstream, but actually widely-supported, including among majorities of American women.

source: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/01/23/marist-abortion-poll-n2275329?utm_content=buffer94c58&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I marched in Chicago and feel compelled to point out that abortion rights were not the only things for which marchers advocated.  I object SO much to one issue folks who get upset about abortion but apparently are unconcerned about ANY and ALL of the following issues which were part of the Women's March too: 

justice and compassion for immigrants, racism and police violence against people of color,  sexual assault ( and of men like Trump who brag about getting away with it), vilification of Muslims, wage inequality, unfair funding of public education, nuclear threats, AND concern for the health of this planet.  

Crowds far exceeded expected turn out and yet the atmosphere was peaceful, happy, and cordial, with many families, and people of all ages participating. 

KnightofChrist
53 minutes ago, Graciela said:

I marched in Chicago and feel compelled to point out that abortion rights were not the only things for which marchers advocated.  I object SO much to one issue folks who get upset about abortion but apparently are unconcerned about ANY and ALL of the following issues which were part of the Women's March too: 

justice and compassion for immigrants, racism and police violence against people of color,  sexual assault ( and of men like Trump who brag about getting away with it), vilification of Muslims, wage inequality, unfair funding of public education, nuclear threats, AND concern for the health of this planet.  

Crowds far exceeded expected turn out and yet the atmosphere was peaceful, happy, and cordial, with many families, and people of all ages participating. 

But how do you feel about pro-life women's groups being banned unless they crashed the party? 

The one issue of course that a person believes they have the right to say someone else is not a person and can be exterminated. Some of us have trouble seeing pass that. I don't see protest groups being as successful if it officially only allowed groups that thought immigrants or Muslims are not persons and can be exterminated. Do you? 

On 1/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, McM RSCJ said:

demands that I work for Social justice, Peace, and the integrity of . . .

OK. But I can only pay you minimum wage . . .

On 1/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, McM RSCJ said:

Not quite sure why responses to my description of the amazing, God-filled Spirit of the day are focusing on abortion.  Maybe a misunderstanding of the march?  Certainly a misunderstanding of the purpose of this marcher and of many other marchers.

You got hit with the abortion block. It is a Phatmass rite of passage.

It goes something like this:

I would like to start a thread to discuss police violence against African Americans.  Oh really? More African Americans are aborted every year than killed by police, so why don't you stop whining about police violence against African Americans and talk about the number of African American abortions instead? Don't you even care about abortion?

I would like to start a thread to discuss the use of the Confederate Flag in South Carolina, which many people view as racist.  Oh really? And why should we spend any time talking about that when 1 million children were aborted last year? Why don't you stop whining about the Flag and talk about the 1 million children that were aborted last year instead? Don't you even care about abortion?

I would like to start a thread to discuss US immigration policy. Oh really? And why should we spend any time talking about that when . . .

When you have nothing of substance to say concerning the actual topic of a thread, I suggest you try it out.

The real reason Clinton lost to trump was their pledge(s) for the next Supreme Court justice.   The Russian's had nothing to do with it!

22 minutes ago, little2add said:

The real reason Clinton lost to trump was their pledge(s) for the next Supreme Court justice.   The Russian's had nothing to do with it!

The reasons why Clinton lost was because she was so duplicitous, people could not have confidence in her.  They disliked her more than the disliked the loudmouth, two dimensional, anti-politician. 

Even though the Russians probably were behind the DNC Email hack, they didn't make it up.  Clinton Org still cheated against Sanders and were shown to be slimey.  

Even though no charges were filed about her email server, we all know the whole point to use her own server was to hide some emails from government oversight. 

Even though many/most Americans believe some abortion should be legal, and he vast majority belive it should be rare, NOT government funded, not late term abortion of viable fetuses, and not just a matter of snipping off a skin tag. 

A significant number of Voters were/are tired of the hyper sensitive, politically correct, micro-aggression, fear mongering, and perceived polarizing bias in the media and political world.  

Flailing about in distress and tears and demonizing each other isn't going to accomplish much positive.  That's how we got Hillary and Donald. 

6 hours ago, Anomaly said:

The reasons why Clinton lost was because she was so duplicitous, people could not have confidence in her.  They disliked her more than the disliked the loudmouth, two dimensional, anti-politician. 

Even though the Russians probably were behind the DNC Email hack, they didn't make it up.  Clinton Org still cheated against Sanders and were shown to be slimey.  

Even though no charges were filed about her email server, we all know the whole point to use her own server was to hide some emails from government oversight. 

Even though many/most Americans believe some abortion should be legal, and he vast majority belive it should be rare, NOT government funded, not late term abortion of viable fetuses, and not just a matter of snipping off a skin tag. 

A significant number of Voters were/are tired of the hyper sensitive, politically correct, micro-aggression, fear mongering, and perceived polarizing bias in the media and political world.  

Flailing about in distress and tears and demonizing each other isn't going to accomplish much positive.  That's how we got Hillary and Donald. 

Yes that too,  but her pro abortion platform swung a lot of votes over to trump, enough to put him over the top 

2 minutes ago, little2add said:

Yes that too,  but her pro abortion platform swung a lot of votes over to trump, enough to put him over the top 

It's ironically sad that the "pro-life" Democrats get all worked up about mean Republicans who immediately re-instate the Mexico City compromise to not provide Government funds for abortions, want to keep the Hyde Ammendment, are not pro-life enough. Then on the other hand, the nice, life affirming Democrats specifically restrict both abortion limits and rally to promote women's reproductive health (AKA Abortion).  

Why isnt the pro-life movement having better success at converting the Democrat Party to being pro life, but think supporting Dems is pro life?   Is it possible they've been duped?