PedroX Posted August 29, 2003 Posted August 29, 2003 Livin' on a pray--Bon Jovi I know, I know...Power Ballads are cheesey, but so much fun!
Norseman82 Posted August 29, 2003 Posted August 29, 2003 Oh, and the SUPERBOWL SHUFFLE!! Nothing like Jim McMahon and the '85 Bears...whoo... Ah, yes, the memories of a WINNING Chicago team! But there's hope....both Cubs AND Sox in first place..... In an unrelated weather story......
Norseman82 Posted August 29, 2003 Posted August 29, 2003 Seriously, though, I remember when Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" video came out.....they were wearing shirts, etc. that said "CHOOSE LIFE".
Kilroy the Ninja Posted August 29, 2003 Posted August 29, 2003 You're right, they were. Wonder what that was all about....
Azriel Posted August 29, 2003 Posted August 29, 2003 Ah, yes, the memories of a WINNING Chicago team! But there's hope....both Cubs AND Sox in first place..... In an unrelated weather story...... Hey! I've been there. No really, I have.
Tony Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 (edited) The Smths- Ask Tommy Tutone- 867-5309 Jenny Duran Duran- Hungry like the Wolf Wall of Voodoo- Mexican Radio Toto- Africa lol dave found this thread for me, didnt realise it was so old and I resurrected this thing from the dead Edited May 6, 2004 by Tony
Dave Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 (edited) Now that this thread has been resurrected, I guess I'll just talk about my favorite 80s rock songs -- both hard and soft rock ... Bette Davis Eyes -- Kim Carnes Talking In Your Sleep -- The Romantics You Give Love A Bad Name -- Bon Jovi Say It Isn't So -- Hall and Oates Love In An Elevator -- Aerosmith 867-5309 (Jenny) -- Tommy Tutone The Tide Is High -- Blondie One -- Bee Gees Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now -- Starship Oh Sherry -- Steve Perry Gypsy -- Fleetwood Mac Edited May 6, 2004 by Dave
BeenaBobba Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 Michael Jackson's album [i]Thriller[/i] has got to be one of the greatest albums ever made, along with The Beatles' [i]Abbey Road[/i] and The Beach Boys' [i]Pet Sounds[/i]. I think that "PYT" and "Beat It" are the best songs off of [i]Thriller[/i]! I love the 80's music off the [i]Donnie Darko[/i] soundtrack: "Head Over Heels," by Tears For Fears; "The Killing Moon," by Echo and the Bunnymen; "Love Will Tear Us Apart," by Joy Division; "Under the Milky Way," by The Church; and "Notorious," by Duran Duran. I like a lot of Tears For Fears songs from the 80s, notably "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Mad World." I love Whitney Houston's music from the 80s as well. Who sings that song, "Don't You Forget About Me," eh? I like it. God bless, Jennifer
BeenaBobba Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 [quote name='Tony' date='May 6 2004, 12:16 PM'] Toto- Africa [/quote] I [b]love[/b] that song! God bless, Jennifer
BeenaBobba Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 6 2004, 12:50 PM'] Just what I needed --- the Cars [/quote] Speaking of cars, who here likes Gary Newman's "In Cars"? Good song. What about "Mr. Roboto," by Styx? That song is so cheesy. I think this song needs to be the theme song from the 80s! LOL. God bless, Jennifer
BeenaBobba Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 Hi Dave, You picked tons of great songs for your lists. God bless, Jennifer
Ash Wednesday Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 I can't believe it has taken me this long to get to this thread. I have a Duran Duran decal on my car. No joke. (I own almost all their albums, and Simon was my favorite.) While I've grown up since then, I still love all that 80s music. What a fun decade! I sulked in my bedroom to Morrissey and the Cure, pretended I was Eddie Van Halen with my brothers playing "Panama" from 1984, moonwalked to Michael Jackson and was spooky to "Thriller" Debbie Gibson could kick Britney's butt. I had friends go gaga over New Kids on the Block, but I thought they were too cheezy. Anybody remember when Kylie Minogue was on MTV the FIRST TIME? BeenaBobba, Dave -- great song list there. I love "Love Will Tear Us Apart".... *sigh* "Hey Mickey whatapity you don't understand... you take me by the heart when you take me by the hand..."
Azriel Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 [quote name='BeenaBobba' date='May 6 2004, 11:34 AM'] Michael Jackson's album [i]Thriller[/i] has got to be one of the greatest albums ever made, along with The Beatles' [i]Abbey Road[/i] and The Beach Boys' [i]Pet Sounds[/i]. I think that "PYT" and "Beat It" are the best songs off of [i]Thriller[/i]! I love the 80's music off the [i]Donnie Darko[/i] soundtrack: "Head Over Heels," by Tears For Fears; "The Killing Moon," by Echo and the Bunnymen; "Love Will Tear Us Apart," by Joy Division; "Under the Milky Way," by The Church; and "Notorious," by Duran Duran. I like a lot of Tears For Fears songs from the 80s, notably "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Mad World." I love Whitney Houston's music from the 80s as well. Who sings that song, "Don't You Forget About Me," eh? I like it. God bless, Jennifer [/quote] Oh .... I soooo agree about Thriller. (well for that matter about Abbey Road and Pet Sounds too) Don't you Forget about me was done by Simple Minds and is featured in the greatest 80s movie ever! The Breakfast Club!
Azriel Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='May 6 2004, 12:08 PM'] I can't believe it has taken me this long to get to this thread. I have a Duran Duran decal on my car. No joke. (I own almost all their albums, and Simon was my favorite.) While I've grown up since then, I still love all that 80s music. What a fun decade! I sulked in my bedroom to Morrissey and the Cure, pretended I was Eddie Van Halen with my brothers playing "Panama" from 1984, moonwalked to Michael Jackson and was spooky to "Thriller" Debbie Gibson could kick Britney's butt. I had friends go gaga over New Kids on the Block, but I thought they were too cheezy. Anybody remember when Kylie Minogue was on MTV the FIRST TIME? BeenaBobba, Dave -- great song list there. I love "Love Will Tear Us Apart".... *sigh* "Hey Mickey whatapity you don't understand... you take me by the heart when you take me by the hand..." [/quote] Girl! I soooo remember Kylie from the first time around. Of course, she never really went away, being a huge international star and all. Debbie Gibson vs Tiffany was the thing back in the day. Forget the whole Britney vs Christina stuff. ahhh the days of scrunch socks and big hair .... SIGH..... I'm getting so old.
BeenaBobba Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 Hi Azriel, Simple Minds! That's who sang it! Thanks for filling me in. [i]The Breakfast Club[/i] is a guilty pleasure of mine. LOL. Unfortunately, the USCCB movie reviewers gave it a morally offensive rating, but it doesn't cause me to sin or anything, so I watch it and enjoy it. God bless, Jennifer
BeenaBobba Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 I watch it just 'cause it's so darn 80s-ish. LOL. Gotta love the Brat Pack.
Azriel Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 [quote name='BeenaBobba' date='May 6 2004, 12:25 PM'] I watch it just 'cause it's so darn 80s-ish. LOL. Gotta love the Brat Pack. [/quote] I watch it on TV and its all cut up and stuff - so maybe its not as offensive. Its not a near occasion of sin for me either. In fact, I think it has a pretty effective message at the end. And who can ever forget .... Bueller? Bueller? I think I feel another thread coming on ...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now