An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hermanos de la Resurreccion/Brothers of the Resurreccion

John Ley-Harris

John Ley-Harris

my name is Juan and I'm here in Spain discerning with a small monastic Community "Hermanos de

la Resurreccion".  Has any heard of them? They were founded in 1974 and attend cemeteries. They

take care of the grounds,etc etc  The Seventh Work of Mercy: to bury de dead. I'm very impressed,

Pray for me that I may do His Wii.

John Ley-Harris

If you wish to check out the web page of the Brothers of the Resurreccion in Spanish

hermanosdelaresurreccion.org.es    Let me know what you think

genesisweavers

Paz contigo hermanito - Blessings on your discernment.  I think one of the advantages of discerning in this era is - communities are more open now to allowing the candidate to take their time and even living with the community for a little while before making a decision.  The advantage of that is - the community also has a good opportunity to see if you are a good fit to be with them.  One quality I would expect in such a new community is - they will probably be doing a lot of soul searching themselves and changing some things that may not be working for them.  I see that as an advantage - that the life is constantly being improved.  You said that one basic work of this congregation is built on the corporal work of mercy - To bury the dead.  I was thinking it is also founded on another spiritual work of mercy - comfort the sorrowful.  The latter idea may be even more important since the deceased are now with God but those left behind have the difficult business of letting go of a loved one. And-  what better comfort to have that place of rest cared for by holy men who pray for the deceased while they lovingly care for the burial site - very unique work.   May you be blessed in your discernment and may the Spirit guide you to the place where you will find God -

como hermano tuyo

john

John Ley-Harris

Thank you John for your comments and observations. You're right on. To confort

the sorrowful is and important task of the Hermanos de la Resurreccion. I'll be with

them until de end of August. A really inmertion process.  ¿Hablas Español?  Escríbeme 

un fuerte abrazo.    Juan Ley-Harris

On ‎6‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:37 AM, genesisweavers said:

Paz contigo hermanito - Blessings on your discernment.  I think one of the advantages of discerning in this era is - communities are more open now to allowing the candidate to take their time and even living with the community for a little while before making a decision.  The advantage of that is - the community also has a good opportunity to see if you are a good fit to be with them.  One quality I would expect in such a new community is - they will probably be doing a lot of soul searching themselves and changing some things that may not be working for them.  I see that as an advantage - that the life is constantly being improved.  You said that one basic work of this congregation is built on the corporal work of mercy - To bury the dead.  I was thinking it is also founded on another spiritual work of mercy - comfort the sorrowful.  The latter idea may be even more important since the deceased are now with God but those left behind have the difficult business of letting go of a loved one. And-  what better comfort to have that place of rest cared for by holy men who pray for the deceased while they lovingly care for the burial site - very unique work.   May you be blessed in your discernment and may the Spirit guide you to the place where you will find God -

como hermano tuyo

john

Beautiful apostolate indeed.

genesisweavers

Muy querido hermanito + aqui esta un fuerte abrazo.  Yes I do speak Spanish but not well anymore.  I studied Spanish in the University and afterwards I went to Puerto Rico to study in an intensive course in conversation.  At one time I had a good understanding of the grammar (thanks to the University) and also a pretty large vocabulary (thanks to the course in P.R.)  But after many years of not using it I'm afraid it is no longer as good as it once was. 

I didn't realize that you are presently living with the monks.  I am sure that is a very good experience for you and no matter where the road will take you - you will never forget this experience.  I will remember you in prayer little brother - the Lord is with you.  In one of the mystical dialogs that St Faustina had with Christ she told our Lord that she didn't understand God (Good observation!).  Our Lord replied - not even the angels understand God but you can gain some understanding of God by God's attributes.  Very powerful statement isn't it. 

I also have a very good quote from St Gregory of Nyssa on seeking God: 

To find God is to seek Him unceasingly.  Here, indeed, to seek is not one thing and to find another.  The reward of the search is to go on searching.  The soul's desire is fulfilled by the very fact of its remaining unsatisfied, for really to see God is never to have had one's fill of desiring him.

May you be blessed - your brother

john