An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any B-ballers In The House?

curtins

ilovechrist

i dont need ankles to let go of my shot--drain it from half court, and that's just for warmups

[quote name='~*AnCoRa33*~' date='Jun 26 2004, 08:22 PM'] You're ummm... reading the post of the starting center of the LADY KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!! #33!!! [/quote]
what???
whats the lady knights?

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jun 26 2004, 08:42 PM'] i'm starting small foward for the Warriors-- #21! [/quote]
yea right- hahahaha

lies wont help u wen ur on that ground and im makin that lay up after i broke ur ankels

:D :D :D

Brag on, Ben! Way to make those who feel like they have no athletic talent at this point in their lives feel horrible! :sadder:

my bad

hey were all talented in some special way

like i bet u could play the piano make a chocolate cake sing the ramones and fix a computer all at the same time-

as for athletic talents- basketball i could give u good drills to do to get good
and i would suggest lifting weights to strengthen up and jogging

I play basketball with my brothers next to the garage where we have a hoop :lol:...my brother plays for the middle school team...

I don;t like baseball though :P

[quote name='curtins' date='Jun 26 2004, 10:00 PM'] my bad

hey were all talented in some special way

[/quote]
Big deal.

[quote]like i bet u could play the piano make a chocolate cake sing the ramones and fix a computer all at the same time- [/quote]

Yeah, right, like that would ever make me feel good about myself -- if I could do even one of those things.

[quote]as for athletic talents- basketball i could give u good drills to do to get good
and i would suggest lifting weights to strengthen up and jogging[/quote]

Well duh, what do you think I've been doing? I want to join an adult basketball league and also an adult soccer league, as well. Not only that, but I've always wanted to swim competitively, and I plan to start doing that too. Problem is, for years I was made to feel like I was a poor athlete. Now I'm 28 and trying to make up for lost time. I want to know that I can do this! However, for a guy like me, feeling like you're a bad athlete is a horrible feeling indeed. I feel so inadequate and inferior to every single male friend and acquaintance that I have now or have had within the last 15 years. No exceptions. As a result, I also feel resentful of each and every one of them. And I know it's wrong to feel this way, but until or unless I've reached my goals, realistically speaking, I may never stop feeling this way. :sadder: And not surprisingly, at this point in time, because of these feelings I have, it makes me feel like dirt when I hear people brag about their own athletic talents or talk about that of other people.

Edited by Dave

ilovechrist

[quote name='Dave' date='Jun 26 2004, 09:56 PM'] Brag on, Ben! Way to make those who feel like they have no athletic talent at this point in their lives feel horrible! :sadder: [/quote]
:(
i'm sorry man, i didn't mean to put you down at all. you've told me what you're going thru, and i'm still praying for you daily about it.