Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

i'm curious to hear what y'all have to say about [i]the exorcist[/i]...

Posted

Hands down, this is the scariest movie ever made. With other horror movies, I'll watch and sometimes have to cover my eyes, but I'll be completely fine when the movie is over. This movie stayed with me. I was really scared for, like, a week after I first saw it. LOL. I'm almost 22-years-old, but I still couldn't watch this movie 1.) at night, 2.) when alone, and 3.) in the dark.

This is a really gritty movie (and the scenes of blasphemy are horrible), so I don't recommend it for everyone. It's shocking.

God bless,

Jen

homeschoolmom
Posted

I was just wondering about this movie, too.

Well, in my weird upbringing, my mom and I watched this together on TV (I was maybe 12-- 14 at the oldest)... and during one of the commercial breaks, my mom turned around and looked at me over her shoulder and I just about had a heart attack!! She thought it was funny. I don't think I watched the whole thing (it went on past my bedtime-- oddly, that was a rule to be inforced... what happened prior to bedtime, no one cared about...)

I've seen the scary parts so many times, that they don't phase me anymore... (I mean, I don't have to cover my eyes), but I still get freaked out.

Posted

Its a pretty cool movie and the effects arent bad for such a old film. But the whole sick-act is kinda, disturbing..

St_Ignatius
Posted

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 28 2004, 08:36 AM'] Its a pretty cool movie and the effects arent bad for such a old film. But the whole sick-act is kinda, disturbing.. [/quote]
What scares me is there is an Exorcist II coming out...what could that be about?

St_Ignatius
Posted

[quote name='St_Ignatius' date='Jun 28 2004, 11:53 AM'] What scares me is there is an Exorcist II coming out...what could that be about? [/quote]
Here is the trailer...

[url="http://exorcistthebeginning.warnerbros.com/"]http://exorcistthebeginning.warnerbros.com/[/url]

Posted

I'm at that webpage now, and I'm uber freaked out. I haven't even gotten into it much yet. It's broad daylight here, and I just jumped. LOL.

I hope this movie doesn't end up having cheesy and idiotic (and heretical) theology in it, like [i]Stigmata[/i]. Nowadays, whenever someone tries to do a movie like this, it's usually carp and full of Modernism. I hope this is good, though. It has potential.

God bless,

Jen

St_Ignatius
Posted

[quote name='BeenaBobba' date='Jun 28 2004, 12:01 PM'] I'm at that webpage now, and I'm uber freaked out. I haven't even gotten into it much yet. It's broad daylight here, and I just jumped. LOL.

I hope this movie doesn't end up having cheesy and idiotic (and heretical) theology in it, like [i]Stigmata[/i]. Nowadays, whenever someone tries to do a movie like this, it's usually carp and full of Modernism. I hope this is good, though. It has potential.

God bless,

Jen [/quote]
If it is anything like the first one I will wait until it comes out on DVD...

Posted

whoa.... i hope it's not heretical...

Posted

Dude, that website is a [url="http://www.donniedarko.com/"]Donnie Darko website[/url] wannabe. LOL.

God bless,

Jen

Posted

[quote name='St_Ignatius' date='Jun 28 2004, 11:53 AM']What scares me is there is an Exorcist II coming out...what could that be about?[/quote]
this seems to be the prequel - father merrin battling against the evil spirit before reagan's time. (they already made two sequels to the original.)

Posted

I saw like... 5 seconds of the movie, and it scared me for life. o_O I can't read anyhting about excorisms or demons or whataver without feeling like I did when I saw the scene in the movie. x_x The scene was when the girl throws up at the priest. I turned on the movie (it was on TNT I think) thinking, "It can't be THAT BAD." Well.... it was. lol o_o I saw her face and saw her throw up at the priest, and I changed channels really fast, ran over to my bed, and put my rosary around me. o.o;;;

My mother told my brother he had no business watching the movie (she didn't tell me cause she didn't think she'd have to tell me), and that's when I thought it couldn't be that bad. Always listen to your parents, y'all. lol

St_Ignatius
Posted

[quote name='sarah' date='Jun 28 2004, 02:36 PM'] this seems to be the prequel - father merrin battling against the evil spirit before reagan's time. (they already made two sequels to the original.) [/quote]
Yeah I heard Exorcist II was a flop this sounds from reading about it, kind of a new story but with the same character. It looks ok...but nothing can beat the Passion of the Christ, I still like Robert Powell playing Jesus. He gets my vote for Shakepearean Christs... :D

St_Ignatius

Posted

[quote name='St_Ignatius' date='Jun 29 2004, 03:23 AM'] What scares me is there is an Exorcist II coming out...what could that be about? [/quote]
I KNOW! I cant wait. Its gotta be a fully original story!

Chrysologus
Posted

Oh my, The Exorcist didn't scare me even a little bit. I thought it was so dumb and pointless.

Posted

I saw it and loved it. Watch the credits at the end. Half the priests in the movie are real priests. Mostly S.J. watch for it. LOL! I saw the one with the documetary at the start and I was like "HEY DUDE THATS A JESUIT!" and my friend was like "a Jesu-what?" And than I watched the credits and I was screaming. He won't watch movies with me anymore, too scared a priest will pop up. LOL!

Posted

I've heard that really creepy things were happening on the set, so they had a Jesuit bless them.

The USCCB movie review says that the theology is a bit off in this film, but I don't know too much about exorcisms, so I can't really say. Does anyone know where the trouble is?

God bless,

Jen

crusader1234
Posted

I think the probelm is they added stuff to make it spooky.

Posted

I'm too scared to see it, though I may wind up seeing it one day. Anyways, should we really be seeing this stuff?

Posted

I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. It's a really disturbing movie. So, if you don't think that this is a good movie for you to see, then I certainly wouldn't recommend it to you. However, for horror movie buffs, like myself, it's a great film. Frankly, it made me want to run to Confession after I first saw it. To this day, I'm thankful for being Catholic after I watch [i]The Exorcist[/i]. It makes me feel awe at the great power of God in driving out demons.

God bless,

Jen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...