An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation to married life/motherhood

LoveZoe11

For the past 7 years I have been discerning a vocation to religious life. I had completely written of marriage as not the vocation for me. Then a couple of months ago I prayed deeply to the Holy Spirit: "Make my vocation known to me." By his glory he did. A coworker of mine told me I would make an amazing mother, the religious community I had been discerning with told me that they didn't believe I had a vocation to their way of life. It is clear to me now; my vocation is to marriage and motherhood. This realization has brought me so much peace and joy. Now am praying thst God blesses my with a wonderful husband and children

I know this part of the phorum is more for vocations to religious/priestly life, but I thought I might share my story.

Peace be with you:pray:

All I can say is that if you do find your "bashert" [Yiddish for "destined one"], you will discover that being married and a mother is the most difficult and hardest work you will ever do.  :)

shieldmaiden19

The married vocation is such a wonderful blessing and an amazing gift from God! May God bless you abundantly, and may you be a witness to the world by your holy marriage, God granting that it comes to be.

Sister Leticia

Thank you for sharing. It's lovely that you were able to pray your way into discovering God's dream for you, which isn't what you'd originally dreamed for yourself. The peace and joy you now feel must be a confirmation of all this for you.

I hope what you've shared will be helpful to others.