Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Had a Wedding Share Your Knowledges Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Mum said that I would tell people that I was born in January and Mum and Dad got married in February.  Raised a few eyebrows:shocking: back then, I bet.

Posted
On December 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Did your kids shake up your unity sand thing. Or does it still have perfect layers. Just remembering myself as a kid that's the first thing I'd do if I got my hands on one of those. 

What was the ring engraved with -if it's not private?

No, it's tucked up away somewheres. Still has most of its layers. Ring was engraved with the date of our wedding. 

Posted (edited)

I had a standard sort of small wedding (family and friends) with bridal gown, the borrowed and the blue (no bridesmaids), in St Augustine's Church, Salisbury.  It is now  listed as a heritage building and historical site.  Since my fiance was not Catholic, we did not have a Nuptial Mass.  My Mum and her friends catered for the reception in the family home.  The reception was quite an impressive decor and buffet meal.

It was all going great until my uncle, the master of ceremonies, started the toasts with a toast to the Queen......after which things got very stuffy and formal we felt.  So much so, the best man, decided not to read out the telegrams and to keep his speech reined in as much as possible

During the reception in the family home, we young ones made arrangements behind the scenes to meet later at the Dutch Club, where we all had a great time and really celebrated in style.

Old_St_Augustine_Church.jpg St Augustine's Church, Salisbury SA

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...