Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I have a question.  I have old palms from years past as well as old Christmas cards (not blessed but I still feel guilty throwing them away with pictures of the holy family on them) and different religious items like this that I need to dispose of.  

I know the recommendation is to burn or bury them.  The problem is, I live in an apartment.  I don’t have a yard to bury anything and I don’t have a fireplace or fire pit to burn anything.  How can I dispose of them?  Is there a safe way to burn them in my apartment in some sort of tin or something without setting the whole building on fire?  Thanks in advance!

Posted

Do you have a city park where there are bbq stations or grills?  We used that with the Boy Scouts when they needed to burn a flag that had become tattered. Don’t do it in an enclosed apartment. A coffee can in the park works too so long as you aren’t in an area with a burn ban. 

Posted

Since lent is coming up soon, many churches will take back old palms to use for Ash Wednesday. Doesn't help with the Christmas cards, but it does with something that's actually blessed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...