Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gov. Cuomo, Cardinal Dolan Spar Over New York Abortion Law Amid Bishops’ Calls For Excommunication


Recommended Posts

KnightofChrist
Posted

Dr Peter's is normally very solid, and a trustworthy source, normally. In this case, for me, his position smells funny and I have my doubts. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Peace said:

Have you ever disagreed with them?

Not yet. I haven't read everything they've written, and my knowledge of their fields (Canon law and philosophy) is limited. FWIW I've disagreed with other traditionalist bloggers. 

Posted

Lawyer, Theological Masters, studied Canon Law. 

I am so torn. I did my pastoral theology thesis on the pastoral care of pro-choice politicians. I want them gone, but I don’t think we need to make pro-choice martyrs. I think it needs to be handled pastorally not publicly. 

There’s probably lots of people receiving communion who shouldn’t due to mortal sin. It’s above my pay grade. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...