An Old School Catholic Message Board

New York priorities

little2add

On 3/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, cruciatacara said:

Maybe it's time for a return to real Christian values 

Like  modesty ?

the innocent children subject to this gender dysphoria are not to blame but doing away with the long established separate  facilities  for the opposite sex is not going to help...    

perverts do exist...   

Approximately 150,000 adult sex offenders are currently in state and federal prisons throughout the United States. Between 10,000 and 20,000 are released to the community each year.

Edited by little2add

cruciatacara
1 hour ago, little2add said:

Like  modesty ?

the innocent children subject to this gender dysphoria are not to blame but doing away with the long established separate  facilities  for the opposite sex is not going to help...    

perverts do exist...   

Approximately 150,000 adult sex offenders are currently in state and federal prisons throughout the United States. Between 10,000 and 20,000 are released to the community each year.

No, Jesus didn't tell us to be modest, he told us to be non-judgmental. 

As for perverts, you are conflating two things. There is no correlation between transgender and sex offenders. Being one does not necessarily mean being the other. Just as being a Catholic priest does not necessarily mean being a pedophile! 

I’m just saying that in my opinion unisex bathrooms are a bad idea, nothing more.  

cruciatacara
1 minute ago, little2add said:

I’m just saying that in my opinion unisex bathrooms are a bad idea, nothing more.  

Well, that's a different thing again and I agree with you about that. I think bathrooms should be separate for males and females, especially since male restrooms have urinals. But transgenders see themselves as only one sex, the opposite of what they were born, yes, but still only one. What I find uncomfortable are the restrooms that are open to men and women both - they aren't numerous, but I have seen them around and they just don't feel right.

Ash Wednesday

I have not seen enough data that supports a convincing argument to ban people with gender dysphoria from a public safety standpoint.

That said, I don't support validating and normalizing beliefs that are against natural law.  But that is a deeper rooted issue than just toilets. And it's actually a pretty complicated one, especially for some Catholics that do have to bear such a heavy cross. I just see the toilets as a symptom of said issue. 

I hope that makes sense. I'm tired. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

I don't support validating and normalizing beliefs that are against natural law. 

Amen, to that