An Old School Catholic Message Board

Interesting article on bishops that distort or deny church doctrine

Gary david

4 hours ago, Gary david said:

I was just reading this and thought I might share it with you.

God bless....

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/bishops-who-deny-or-distort-catholic-doctrine-betray-christ-and-his-church

It is sad if it is true, very sad indeed.    It does not surprise me if it is true - I don't think I can be surprised any more about our hierarchy.  Although I lost investment in and trust of hierarchy long ago - in the main as it were.  That does not mean that I think that their Holy Orders and rank in The Church is any the less valid.

Cardinal Ratzinger (subsequently Pope Benedict XVI) wrote in Faith and Reason: " The process will be long and wearisome as was the road from the false progressivism on the eve of the French Revolution — when a bishop might be thought smart if he made fun of dogmas and even insinuated that the existence of God was by no means certain — to the renewal of the nineteenth century. But when the trial of this sifting is past, a great power w" https://aleteia.org/2016/06/13/when-cardinal-joseph-ratzinger-predicted-the-future-of-the-church/

Although this jarred me in the article from LifeSite News: " the real message of the past several Synods in Rome is that Modern Man, having “come of age,” no longer needs the severe and restrictive teaching of Jesus Christ, which (to make matters worse) was embellished and encrusted with unreasonable demands by the medieval misogynistic and gamophobic Church".  

I think that the teachings of Jesus are anything but "severe and restrictive" - rather the Message of Jesus is mind bogglingly merciful bringing Hope to and for all.  There is quite an array, quite an array,  of 'colourful and descriptive' adjectives in the LifeSite News article.  Bias of the author is right out in the open........as is mine.

Review of the website is not the best https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/life-site-news/

Defamation? ("A Quebec priest is suing the pro-life web news service") http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/lifesitenews-defamation

Hi Barbara. I read what you wrote and must digest it to comment further. It seems to me that all these problems concerning this issue stems from deviating from the original writings of Jesus. As with the church and anyone that might deviate from His path brings about their own problems.

Ok. I must leave now. Have a nice day and God bless you.......

Thank you. I checked the reviews on that website and they were not so good. I should have been more careful as tos what I posted. I do apologize for that and I thank you for pointing that out to me. 

Well, that must be where that old saying comes from "dont believe everything you read or hear".

Thank you again. God bless.....

Hi. I was meaning to ask you what you meant when you said you lost investment in and trust in the hierarchy long ago? I was just seeking a clearer understanding of what you said.

God bless.....

It means what I said i.e. that long ago I lost investment in and trust of hierarchy.   My own personal investment and trust was displaced and belonged to God alone.  That does not mean that the Holy Orders of hierarchy is not valid nor that I owe them (and am called by God to) respect and obedience in all things not sinful.  Nor does it mean that they are not chosen by God's Divine Providence for Holy Orders and rank in The Church.

They are fully human and highly Graced by God to complete their call and role to saintliness, and have complete freedom to accept or reject that Grace.  " Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more." (Luke Chapter 12) http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PWV.HTM

Psalm 146  http://www.usccb.org/bible/psalms/146 (A psalm prayed in The Divine Office)

"Put no trust in princes,

in children of Adam powerless to save.

Who breathing his last, returns to the earth;

that day all his planning comes to nothing.

Blessed the one whose help is the God of Jacob,

whose hope is in the LORD, his God,

The maker of heaven and earth,

the seas and all that is in them,

Who keeps faith forever "

On 4/5/2019 at 8:29 AM, Gary david said:

Thank you. I checked the reviews on that website and they were not so good. I should have been more careful as tos what I posted. I do apologize for that and I thank you for pointing that out to me. 

Well, that must be where that old saying comes from "dont believe everything you read or hear".

Thank you again. God bless.....

No need to apologise, Gary.   I was blest and most fortunately.  I studied Modern History (adult campus) and practically the whole first term was concentrated on identifying sound/unsound resources.  That subject was picked up again when I studied Journalism.  Hence, the first thing I do before posting a quote or quotations is to check out the source.  And even then I can be wrong and sometimes very wrong indeed.  

"dont believe everything you read or hear".  A great rule of thumb I think ............. and especially where the internet is concerned.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Divine Office - Psalm 146

Psalm 146, a part of which I have quoted, usually occurs during Morning Prayer (Ordinary Time) in Week IV Wednesday of The Psalter of The Divine Office.  I use Prayer from The Divine Office rather than the full Divine Office. 

Thank you Barbara for taking the time to explain. I now understand more clearly.

Discenment is a woderful gift, is it not? Without it one can surely follow a crooked path.

Alright Barbara, thank you again and may God bless you......

• 2 months later...