An Old School Catholic Message Board

why do people hate catholics

Guest lordie

On 10/10/2019 at 6:01 AM, penitent60 said:

I lived in Australia for most of my life. At one school, when we walked home some kids from another school would chant " caflicks, caflicks make me sick, call the doctor quick quick quick" . We thought they were weirdos, if they got too close, we would chuck rocks at them. No one died, no injuries.

Hi P60 - Chants around my area were a bit rougher:  "Catholic dogs stink like frogs, in and out their teacher's gobs".  Walking home from school one day, the non Catholic kids (prodos we called them :i.e. protestants) had their bikes on the bridge across the creek.  They were down in the creek picking Mulberry leaves for their silk worms in boxes, tied on the carry seat on the backs of their bikes.  To be really honest, I can't really remember what I did.......so nasty, I think, that that memory is repressed.  I am too ashamed to let into consciousness sins of my childhood.

We Catholic kids were just as bad, if not worse, than our prodo equals.  How times can change, shifting the imaginary line of reality or realities.

Catcha on the rounds of Pham P60............regards......Barb :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 6:53 AM, little2add said:

I often hear that some people think Catholics are bad because they worship statues.  
8-DE15-B8-F-6-B80-4035-B94-A-CF62-A55635

Oddly enough, I am given to think that some people understand the meaning of worship differently, and that is part of why they think that Catholics worship statues. This unexamined meaning is then diluted in a society that would sooner point fingers at those it should most be like rather than fully examine how reverence and respect plays a role in (editorial) our lives.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:53 AM, Anastasia (L&T) said:

Oddly enough, I am given to think that some people understand the meaning of worship differently, and that is part of why they think that Catholics worship statues. This unexamined meaning is then diluted in a society that would sooner point fingers at those it should most be like rather than fully examine how reverence and respect plays a role in (editorial) our lives.

F52367-E7-6-B80-4759-A76-A-C8-C3-FAEC507