Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What I realized in this awful day I had


Recommended Posts

possiblesista
Posted

Hello everyone, 
I had a really awful day today. I have been dealing with severe depression and anxiety and my mother just blows off some of my problems. I tried to talk to her so many times, but she does not listen. Lately, I have been questioning God,it seems like I have no purpose and he is just ignoring me. I just wish my heart would stop hurting and I could feel like a normal person for one day. Prayers/advice would be appreciated.

deusluxmea
Posted

No advice, so sorry you are having a bad time right now.  I hope you have some mental health support to get you through this. Prayers ascending. 

little2add
Posted (edited)

Forget about yourself and focus on Mom’s needs and  desires , you may find that this will make you a better person and feel better about life!

Edited by little2add
Posted
On 5/19/2019 at 7:38 AM, possiblesista said:

Hello everyone, 
I had a really awful day today. I have been dealing with severe depression and anxiety and my mother just blows off some of my problems. I tried to talk to her so many times, but she does not listen. Lately, I have been questioning God,it seems like I have no purpose and he is just ignoring me. I just wish my heart would stop hurting and I could feel like a normal person for one day. Prayers/advice would be appreciated.

I am very sorry to read you had a bad day and are going through a difficult time now.  Like @deusluxmea I am hoping you have some sort of mental health support.  I will keep you in prayer.

We can feel that God is silent and ignoring us, but in Faith we know that is not the case and you may need spiritual help and support to see this.  Be that as it may, it is no easy matter to have to suffer.  Have a talk with Father in Confession. I am sorry about the situation with your mother.  I did have a look at your Profile, but it doesn't say how old you are.   

With severe depression and anxiety it is very important that you do have some kind of mental health support.  I suffer bipolar disorder and always take medication prescribed and see my psychiatrist regularly.

Gary david
Posted
51 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I am very sorry to read you had a bad day and are going through a difficult time now.  Like @deusluxmea I am hoping you have some sort of mental health support.  I will keep you in prayer.

We can feel that God is silent and ignoring us, but in Faith we know that is not the case and you may need spiritual help and support to see this.  Be that as it may, it is no easy matter to have to suffer.  Have a talk with Father in Confession. I am sorry about the situation with your mother.  I did have a look at your Profile, but it doesn't say how old you are.   

With severe depression and anxiety it is very important that you do have some kind of mental health support.  I suffer bipolar disorder and always take medication prescribed and see my psychiatrist regularly.

I am no authority on much of anything Barbara but this what you say holds much common sense and i may have some of that. Any one in a deep enough state of depression and anxiety would need expert assistance which is what you have suggested and I second your opinion on this. It was also kind of you to give words of understanding and compassion which I know are sincere.

  Very nice of you to respond as you have.

God bless Barbara.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...