An Old School Catholic Message Board

Husband Threatens Divorce If Wife Won't Abort

tinytherese

tinytherese

An anonymous comment was left by a woman on the following article. 

https://afterabortion.org/2002/how-abortion-can-impact-a-marriage/#comment-265022

My husband and I already have children… But we lost twins earlier this year. It was awful but we had been debating abortion before we lost them due to marital problems and financial and health issues in our family. It was much harder on me and our marriage was failing. We even printed out divorce papers. I ran into an ex during that time and you can guess where I’m going with this.

Now I am 6 weeks pregnant… And unsure of the father. They both know the truth and both want abortion.

My husband said he will forgive my infidelity and work on our marriage but only if I abort. I don’t want to abort but I truly want to work on my marriage if nothing else for the sake of my living children.

I don’t know how I have gotten so far lost over the years to be in this place in life now. I hate myself already and counseling isn’t helping.

I’m scared I will abort to save my marriage and because we have every reason possible to abort but only one to keep it (my heart). I’m scared my marriage will fail after due to the infidelity alone and I will hate myself even more.

Edited by tinytherese
Link Didn't Work

• 4 weeks later...
ilovechrist

Prayers are with you in this seemingly dark time. No situation with family is ever truly easy, and it shouldn’t pretend to be. Life is sacred above all, and we can be assured of that. 

If it hasn’t been considered yet (I know I’m stumbling upon this a bit late, as I’ve been absent from the Phorum for a while), but I do know of a girl who was in a similar situation who chose to give her child up for adoption rather than the alternative. Food for thought - there are always families out there looking for souls to care for.

Dang… That's rough. Very sad situation.  I wonder how it would go down if she could possibly explain what she's thinking. Serious solid family therapy with a good and competent Christian counselor would be needed here.

The thing is that the child did nothing… Why destroy  the child instead of giving him or her up for adoption. Which is easier to live with?

little2add

Your better off child that a husband who wishes his own offspring dead.   

He will still have to pay alimony 

Edited by little2add

1 hour ago, little2add said:

Your better off child that a husband who wishes his own offspring dead.   

He will still have to pay alimony 

There is a real option of adoption here don't forget.