An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mantilla

CatherineM

CatherineM

I’m having a private audience with the Pope in November. I need a black mantilla, and the one I have has a lot of silver embroidery on it. I’m thinking I need a new one. Any suggestions of where to get a nice one?

truthfinder

I really like my veil that is from Veils by Lily - on the pricier side, but good stuff.  And I like the little clip that I had ordered to be sewed in - my mantilla does not move.

I'm sure you can buy one in Rome. The closer you get to the Vatican, the more religious goods shops you'll find. And many of them carry a wide array of traditional religious goods. But the closer to the Vatican, the more expensive the goods!

CatherineM
4 hours ago, dUSt said:

Tell the pope I said wassup.

You’re assuming I’ll be able to speak. That’s a big if. 

29 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

You’re assuming I’ll be able to speak. That’s a big if. 

Well, I'm sure if you DO get to speak, the FIRST thing you'll want to say to the pope, in this once in a lifetime opportunity, is "Dust from phatmass said wassup". LOL

CatherineM

My husband said I can’t wear a black Yankees hat, so I’m pretty sure he’d nix me wearing a black Phatmass T-shirt instead of a black suit. 

On 7/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, CatherineM said:

what were the circumstances that led to you getting a private audience with the pope? 

AveMariaMaterDei
CatherineM
3 hours ago, linate said:

what were the circumstances that led to you getting a private audience with the pope? 

We were both awarded Papal knighthoods a year and a half ago. I’m a Dame Commander of the Order of St. Sylvester. It was in recognition of the work we do with people with mental illnesses and mental disabilities. It came with a parchment in Latin that I can’t read and a big Medal. It also allows me to ride a horse in St. Peter’s Square. Side-saddle I guess. It’d have to be a really big horse  

My husband can wear a sword in the presence of the Pope. Although the likelihood that the Swiss Guard would allow a 6’5” schizophrenic anywhere near him with a sabre is unlikely. It’s the award that Michael Corleone is getting at the start of Godfather III. I hate this kind of thing, but getting to meet the Pope is worth the embarrassment of having the Archbishop call me Dame Catherine every time he sees me. 

I think I’ve picked this one. 

FDDC768C-08A9-4F63-BDE1-A8B805F60CAA.png

2 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

It also allows me to ride a horse in St. Peter’s Square. Side-saddle I guess.

:hehe2:

Good pick for a mantilla