dominicansoul Posted July 15, 2019 Posted July 15, 2019 6 hours ago, Josh said: I've never had Netflix. I'm signing up tommorow despite reading a thread on Catholic Answers that says I shouldn't. I'm excited to watch Stranger Things and all the other stuff I've missed out on. Honestly, Netflix really kinda sux. Their movie choices aren't all that great. I would not subscribe to them, only watch Stranger Things and then cut if off...except I have so many people using my account... lol!
dUSt Posted July 15, 2019 Author Posted July 15, 2019 8 hours ago, Josh said: I've never had Netflix. I'm signing up tommorow despite reading a thread on Catholic Answers that says I shouldn't. I'm excited to watch Stranger Things and all the other stuff I've missed out on. I cancelled Netflix once because of a talk show by a comedian who aired an entire episode celebrating abortion. They cancelled that show after one season so I signed back up. It smells of elderberries giving money to companies who support immorality but I’m not disciplined enough to avoid it. Just support the good shows and don’t watch the bad ones.
Seven77 Posted July 15, 2019 Posted July 15, 2019 Netflix does indeed smell of elderberries.... almost literally keeping it because of Stranger Things, a handful of movies, Street Food, and Daredevil season three.
dUSt Posted July 17, 2019 Author Posted July 17, 2019 At the end of Season 2 I was hoping they gave Erica a bigger role in Season 3. "You can't spell America without Erica". LOL She's amesome.
Seven77 Posted July 17, 2019 Posted July 17, 2019 42 minutes ago, dUSt said: At the end of Season 2 I was hoping they gave Erica a bigger role in Season 3. "You can't spell America without Erica". LOL She's amesome. And, minor spoiler, if you haven't finished episode six… she so happens to be a nerd.
Papist Posted July 18, 2019 Posted July 18, 2019 Watching it. On episode 5 of season 3. I am enjoying it, but it is not great. Don't like the typical girls are amesome smart and tough, and boys are bumbling doofuses.
dominicansoul Posted July 18, 2019 Posted July 18, 2019 (edited) I guess I wanted to see more of the ELEVEN we grew to love in Season 1... ELEVEN in Season 3 is too normal... you would think after being pretty much a lab rat all her life, with incredible powers she probably doesn't even understand, she would have a harder time adjusting... Edited July 18, 2019 by dominicansoul
chrysostom Posted July 19, 2019 Posted July 19, 2019 13 hours ago, Papist said: Watching it. On episode 5 of season 3. I am enjoying it, but it is not great. Don't like the typical girls are amesome smart and tough, and boys are bumbling doofuses. I don't mind moral strength in the women, but I was also turned off for a while by the stupidity of the main male characters, with the exception of Jonathan Byers. I'm annoyed that I see this so often. I suspect many screenwriters do not fully understand what masculine virtue looks like, or feminine virtue for that matter. I was mollified by episode 8, though.
dUSt Posted July 24, 2019 Author Posted July 24, 2019 Just finished Season 3. ::::::: SPOILER ALERT FOR SEASON 3 ENDING ::::::: Me cry. Me cry long time. Also, to me it felt a lot like a series finale, not just a season finale. I thought for sure they'd take it in a way different direction for Season 4... but then I saw the last part after a few credit rolled. Ugh. More demidoggy for Season 4. Getting kinda old now.
chrysostom Posted July 24, 2019 Posted July 24, 2019 13 hours ago, dUSt said: Just finished Season 3. ::::::: SPOILER ALERT FOR SEASON 3 ENDING ::::::: Me cry. Me cry long time. Also, to me it felt a lot like a series finale, not just a season finale. I thought for sure they'd take it in a way different direction for Season 4... but then I saw the last part after a few credit rolled. Ugh. More demidoggy for Season 4. Getting kinda old now. Yes I thought it was a good tie-off for the whole series. Not that they would ever do that - ST is probably one of the main reasons large amounts of people even still have Netflix, it's a flagship. Only reason I still have it is because it's a shared family account.
Seven77 Posted July 26, 2019 Posted July 26, 2019 (edited) Just finished episode eight. I laughed, I cried. It was really emotional and It really got to me. Never seen anything like it before. Major spoilers below: Wow. It was a good ending but why did the Beyers family really have to move again? Also, is it possible that Hopper is actually still alive, maybe getting trapped, sucked into the gate just before the destruction? 11 is so powerful to watch. She is almost unearthly (Like that princess in "the never ending story" but so human. How can you not cry or get teary-eyed when she's reading that note, or even to see that last scene between her and Mike? And hugging her friends, etc. The self sacrifices…I really felt bad for Billy at the end. Poor dude was so broken that he was so susceptible to the mind flayer… But his goodness, rooting back to a time of innocence as a child, overcame. He was genuinely sorry for all the harm he caused and for the bullying towards his sister. Hey did anyone catch the scene when Joyce closes the gates--- pulls the keys and stretches back, cruciform? One more thing… Can somebody please tell me when the theme song of the movie," The never-ending story" Is supposed to fade out of your head? Edited July 26, 2019 by Seven77
Not A Mallard Posted July 26, 2019 Posted July 26, 2019 21 minutes ago, Seven77 said: The self sacrifices…I really felt bad for Billy at the end. Poor dude was so broken that he was so susceptible to the mind flayer… But his goodness, rooting back to a time of innocence as a child, overcame. He was genuinely sorry for all the harm he caused and for the bullying towards his sister. That was one thing I really appreciated. Ever since he was introduced, he was the most unsympathetic character, totally fit for the Mind Flayer to possess, yet he was given a chance to redeem himself. Granted, if he had survived, it would have taken a lot more work for him to be redeemed to the extent Steve, the bully-turned-MVP, was.
dUSt Posted July 27, 2019 Author Posted July 27, 2019 Season 1 Steve and Season 3 Steve are so different. Lol. This can be illustrated no better than him wearing the ridiculous sailor outfit the entire season. Haha. Him and the girl after getting drugged by the Russians was a highlight of the whole season for me.
Seven77 Posted July 27, 2019 Posted July 27, 2019 14 hours ago, dUSt said: Season 1 Steve and Season 3 Steve are so different. Lol. This can be illustrated no better than him wearing the ridiculous sailor outfit the entire season. Haha. Him and the girl after getting drugged by the Russians was a highlight of the whole season for me. "Scoops Troop"
dominicansoul Posted July 29, 2019 Posted July 29, 2019 MAJOR SPOILERS ”3 Inches!!!” I think this is a major clue, it’s more than the obligatory rule of Elevens door...it’s a dang CLUE HOPPER doesn’t disintegrate He’s able to get through the gate because it’s not entirely closed!!!! It’s inches apart, even shows that at the end...somehow his body gets sucked into the upside down (like elevens body did in season one battling the demogorgon.). Hopper winds up finding his way back through another gate that’s been opened in Russia... !!! i thought I was sooo brilliant to come up with this theory until I read some fan forums and a bunch of people came up with the same theory lol!
Seven77 Posted July 29, 2019 Posted July 29, 2019 (edited) 59 minutes ago, dominicansoul said: MAJOR SPOILERS ”3 Inches!!!” I think this is a major clue, it’s more than the obligatory rule of Elevens door...it’s a dang CLUE HOPPER doesn’t disintegrate He’s able to get through the gate because it’s not entirely closed!!!! It’s inches apart, even shows that at the end...somehow his body gets sucked into the upside down (like elevens body did in season one battling the demogorgon.). Hopper winds up finding his way back through another gate that’s been opened in Russia... !!! i thought I was sooo brilliant to come up with this theory until I read some fan forums and a bunch of people came up with the same theory lol! Spoilers! Yes! I really do think that Hopper made it through… Ending up in Russia, in that prison, as "the American." It has to be him. He would be known as the American for sure because he doesn't know a single bit of Russian. And you made me think of something… Because he got sucked into the upside down once, his body could survive it again. Edited July 29, 2019 by Seven77
Not A Mallard Posted July 29, 2019 Posted July 29, 2019 (edited) 1 hour ago, Seven77 said: Spoilers! Yes! I really do think that Hopper made it through… Ending up in Russia, in that prison, as "the American." It has to be him. He would be known as the American for sure because he doesn't know a single bit of Russian. And you made me think of something… Because he got sucked into the upside down once, his body could survive it again. MORE SPOILERS That's why I want the series to end at this. Don't put us through an emotional roller coaster only to cheaply undo it. I mean, I love Wrath of Khan, and Search for Spock is all about undoing Wrath of Khan, and I still like Search for Spock, but Star Trek is straight-up sci-fi; Stranger Things isn't. (...Stranger Things 4: The Search for Hopper) Of course, the mid-credits scene explicitly teases season 4, but that tease opens up serious holes. How the heck are the Russians keeping a demogorgon captive when demogorgons can phase through walls? It's like, both the finales of the last two seasons worked as series finales, until the tacked-on teasers for the next seasons. Edited July 29, 2019 by Not A Mallard
dominicansoul Posted July 30, 2019 Posted July 30, 2019 (edited) I’m not sure when the new season starts. Netflix has been iffy about bringing it back. Maybe they will wind up making a theatrical motion picture instead. That would be really coool... im kinda scared though... I think if hopper doesn’t come back it makes it easier for other beloved characters to be killed off... and this all might end with the loss of eleven... Edited July 30, 2019 by dominicansoul
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now