An Old School Catholic Message Board

3 Hail Mary Devotion

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

mary-ban.gif

three-bar1.jpg

This is a devotion I have been blest to maintain and many times since childhood:

THREE HAIL MARY DEVOTION TO OUR LADY

At that instant, she heard a voice which said, “After the Power of the Father, the Wisdom of the Son, and the Tender Mercy of the Holy Spirit, nothing compares to the Power, Wisdom, and Tender Mercy of Mary.”

The Virgin Mary promised St. Mechtilde that whoever would pray three Hail Marys every day would receive her help during life and her special assistance at the moment of death; the Virgin Mary would appear to them with such brightness and beauty that the mere sight of her would bring consolation and the joys of heaven.

How to pray the three Hail Marys:

Mary, my Mother, free me from falling into mortal sin.
By the power granted you by the Eternal Father,

Hail Mary…

By the wisdom granted you by the Son,

Hail Mary…

By the love granted you by the Holy Spirit,

Hail Mary…

You conclude with a Glory be … and the brief prayer,

“Mary, by your Immaculate Conception, purify my body and sanctify my soul.” (This prayer was granted an indulgence by Saint Pius X.)

http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/three.htm One of the greatest means of salvation, and one of the surest signs of predestination, is unquestionably, the devotion to the Most Blessed Virgin Mary. All the holy doctors of the Church are unanimous in saying with St. Alphonsus Liguori: "A devout servant of Mary shall never perish."

The chief thing is to persevere faithfully until death in this devotion.

Can there be an easier or more adaptable practice for all than the recitation each day of three Ave Marias in honor of the privileges conferred by the Adorable Trinity on the Blessed Virgin?