An Old School Catholic Message Board

Profession of First Vows

Nunsuch

A "senior" gathering of a show of support; and not one "habit" in the house! Lol

May God Bless and congrats to Sister Jane.!

3 minutes ago, nikita92 said:

A "senior" gathering of a show of support; and not one "habit" in the house! Lol

May God Bless and congrats to Sister Jane.!

This is a community that mostly doesn't wear habits. However, there was one habited sister in the choir. (She was a jubilarian this year, and led the procession with a big drum! She's wonderful.) 

As for being a "senior" gathering, there were a few younger sisters there, but most of them do not live at the motherhouse. Since Assembly/Jubilee was a week earlier, most could not afford another trip home for the profession and watched it (as I did) on livestream.

Sister Leticia

Nunsuch - thank you for posting this. I haven't watched it all, just fast-forwarded to highlights like Jane making her vows. I note that the ceremony was on Sunday, ie in the immediate aftermath of two mass shootings, and so much pain and grief. In the midst of this, and so many other problems throughout the world, it's so good to see women and men vowing themselves whole-heartedly to discipleship, to community and service, and to making known God's compassionate and unconditional love. 

I think in another thread you said there had also been a final profession recently, so prayers and congratulations for both of them!

Thank you, Sister Letitia! Yes, There was a final profession the previous Monday. Sister Diane Brown, IHM, made her final profession. She is older than Sister Jane--Diane was a professor (chair of the Education Department) at the IHM's Marygrove College, who decided to enter. She is also a wonderful woman, and the community is blessed by her presence.

Dominican Friars in the United States - Profession of First Vows:

Western Province - 8 (on this upcoming August 31)

Central Province - 1

Southern Province - 1 

Eastern Province - 9 (on upcoming August 15)