IcePrincessKRS Posted June 30, 2004 Posted June 30, 2004 I used to really dislike wearing scapulars but in the past few years I've really grown to like them. I feel half-clothed without it. lol Its like if I do dishes and go out of the house without my wedding bands on.
Chrysologus Posted June 30, 2004 Posted June 30, 2004 My scapular is not uncomfortable in the slightest. I don't think they are supposed to be, but if one was, obviously that would be a good form of penance.
Rebirth flame Posted June 30, 2004 Posted June 30, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 30 2004, 03:47 AM'] I think I just found the answer to my question, it looks like you are actually supposed to be enrolled for a couple of the scapulars which make up the 5 fold. If I get one I'll have to visit my pastor. [/quote] yea for the five-fold, any cloth that you aren't already invested with, you must become invested under. so, like you said, you are already invested with the Brown Scapular, so now you'd need to be for the White, Blue, Black, and Red, and it takes about 3 minutes to do it all. it's slammin. [quote]My scapular is not uncomfortable in the slightest. I don't think they are supposed to be, but if one was, obviously that would be a good form of penance. [/quote] i have never heard that they are supposed to be uncomfortable intentionally. it is, as well, appropriate to wear the scapular outside of your shirt if you'd like to, and i don't think that would be uncomfortable. then there's the issue of scapular medals, which aren't uncomfortable in the least, unless you're alergic to the medal that is touching your skin (and there are some people that are...). the main point of a scapular is to lead a person to devotion, specifically to the Blessed Mother and the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 I always thought scapulars were also somewhat penitential, and since wool is often scratchy until it gets worn in, are somewhat uncomfy. I have had soft scapulars that don't bother me one bit and I've had others which drove me nuts.
Rebirth flame Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 yeah, guys, wow... i forgot all the indulences i could recieve with my five-fold scapular... it's been a while, and i was invested alil whiles ago (before i really knew anything about my faith). i did know that, for the devotions attatched to the scapular, there were several things i had to do, but i didn't know what ways to earn indulgences... then i read IcePrincess's link (for those of you too lazy to scroll up, like myself, here it is again...: [url="http://www.banner.faithweb.com/ch4bscroll-scapularfivefold.htm"]http://www.banner.faithweb.com/ch4bscroll-...larfivefold.htm[/url] ) looks like i got alot of prayin to do now!!! lol, but i LOVE it!!!
Philippe Posted July 1, 2004 Author Posted July 1, 2004 hey... for the green scapular, if i put it in like a protestant church, would the scapular effect all the people that go?
StColette Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 I'm not too sure Lifeteener, Rebirth would probably know
Philippe Posted July 1, 2004 Author Posted July 1, 2004 cause if it would i wanna start a movement that we go hide green scapulars at every protestant church we can find
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 Would it be a sacrilege if I cut a scapular to make it smaller? Not the strap part, but the actual patch of wool? I asked this before but no one could give a definite answer.... I kind a feel like it would be bad, but I just want to know...
StColette Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 Well I just read on a website about the Green Scapular that it can just be placed within a room. And it sometimes matters more for the person giving the scapular to have more confidence in the conversion of others. Soooo i guess it can work on a group, you just have to have confidence that it will. And say the required prayers that go along with the scapular.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 Lifeteener, you could always give it a shot at a local protestand church. lol See what happens and if it works start putting then in every protstant church you could find. lol
StColette Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jul 1 2004, 12:49 AM'] Would it be a sacrilege if I cut a scapular to make it smaller? Not the strap part, but the actual patch of wool? I asked this before but no one could give a definite answer.... I kind a feel like it would be bad, but I just want to know... [/quote] hmmm to be on the safe side I wouldn't cut it. Unless you were like taking off the plastic covering, which only serves to keep the scapular lasting longer.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 (edited) Yeah, thats what I figured. My old scapular was tiny, I want one just like it. Each side measured about 1/2 an inch. *sniffle* I miss my scapular. I think it must have been infant sized, I found it in the back of Church one day in the pile of rosaries and scapulars for people to take. I needed one and didn't have the money to buy one then. phooey. Edited July 1, 2004 by IcePrincessKRS
StColette Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 (edited) awww I'm sorry my scapular is really tiny maybe about a 1/2 inch on each side too Edited July 1, 2004 by StColette
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2004 Posted July 1, 2004 Cool! You know what, I think I found where I might be able to buy one!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now