Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weird Upcoming Event, "The People's Synod"


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just came across something kind of disturbing. A group of "American Catholics," are holding some kind of impromptu "synod"during the last week ofSeptember 2019, to  discuss implementation and vision of Vatican II. Their use of the term synod is in my mind a red flag, because these are held by bishops. This seems to be a discussion with the  Church being treated as  a democracy,  as the usage of the  word people's  suggests. I went to the website and there's really no mention of any priests and bishops who will be present. Anyway, I was thinking that it would be good for faithful Catholics to attend to offer the Truth. But then, any kind of participation in this event could be scandalous, not to mention annoying and infuriating. They are looking for papers to be submitted that it looks like  any Catholic could submit regarding their thoughts and ideas. I was thinking if anyone here would like to represent,  (you know  what I mean…  this is PM), you could submit something:

https://thepeoplessynod.org/call-for-white-papers

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

I wonder if they just sang a new synod into being.

Posted

Hey, if they can sing a new song unto the Lord resounding on mountains high with glad tambourines and all that, why not?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...