Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

IcePrincessKRS
Posted (edited)

In about 15 days we are leaving for MI.

In about 22-29 days we are leaving for NY.

In August Matt is leaving me for a week to be the best man in his friend's wedding. :sadder: He will be gone for our anniversary. :irate: :cry: But my friend is coming to visit me for the week he is gone so I don't get too lonely. :cheer: (Please say a prayer that I "offer it up" instead of getting cranky and irate, Matthew has to take off a full week of work for this wedding--he doesn't usually even take ONE day off for Christmas or Easter visiting family so a week is a really big deal. When I expressed my disappointment over this he said he'd take a week off sometime later in the year so we could do something together, and while I am hopeful I won't hold my breath. Just say a quick Hail Mary for me, if you will, so I remain happy and calm about him leaving in Aug.)

Edited by IcePrincessKRS
Theologian in Training
Posted

I will be at :clown: camp. In fact, I just got an email from one of the founders. Apparently they like seminarians/priests. I thought I would share the email:

Greetings,

Thank you so much for your registration and interest in Mooseburger Clown
Arts Camp! I think it is a terrific idea for you to do some unusual things
before you dive into your vocation full time. I think it will at the very
least give you an alternative view of unusual people! We will take good care
of you.

Sincerely
Pricilla

However, probably the most inspiring email was from the Christian clown (also a vicar of the Anglican Church)

Hi
I've always seen my clowning as my ministry and the exercise of my clowning
as a puesuit of my vocation. I don't touch balloon animals or do cheap
magic. Rather I major on circus-style clowning, slapstick and storytelling.
So I become St Peter telling my story with the help of a rola bola board.
I'm jester to one of the three kings and witness the birth of Jesus. I do a
whole slackrope routine that is all about faith - narrow, wobbly but
exhilarating. My style is cerrtainly quite different to anything you might
have experienced in USA but that's why Dale gets me to come over every year.
I take part in all sorts of big events over here and have the full support
of the Church even though , or perhaps because, I've custard-pied nine
bishops! I think clowning is immensely profound and I'm constantly
surprised by the effect it has on people. The clown is the Jester, the
truth-teller, the one who is licensed to speak of the truth, and he is the
vulnerable lover ever willing to play whatever the cost. The former
Archbishop of Canterbury, Head of the worldwide Anglican communion, is only
too happy to admit to me and others that I reach parts and peole that he
could ever reach and he has thus been always supportive of me, and is now a
patron the Trust that supports my work. So have no doubts or fears, go for
it!
love Roly

I can't wait!!!!

morostheos
Posted

Right now I'm at camp (hence only being online on weekends), but July 15th I'll be in Rhode Island started my training as a Regnum Christi co-worker, I'm so excited!!! Ancora, we should meet up, I'm pretty sure we'll be on the same campus! :D

When I go there, I don't think I'll have much time for phatmass at all, I'll be too busy studying theology and how to spread the Truth to all people. :)

~*AnCoRa33*~
Posted

YKC!!

We SHOULD!! I'll be in Wakefield... where will you be?

morostheos
Posted

I actually don't know where exactly I'll be....just that I'll be at the main Regnum Christi center in Rhode Island....I'll have to check where that is and get back to ya. :)

morostheos
Posted

So I did my research, and I'm going to be in Greenville, which is about half an hour away. I bet we head down to Immaculate Conception Academy sometime during our training though, so we'll have to keep in touch!

ThyWillBeDone
Posted

Hi morostheos just wanted to wish you good luck with the Regnum Christi training. And make sure to let us all know where they sending you after the training.
God Bless,
Chris

Posted

I'm leaving for a church retreat tomorrow. :3 It's a retreat headed by BLAZEr who I met on phatmass! He lives in the town next to me so I contected him talked me into coming to his retreat. I'm kind of scared, though, because I don't know anyone there, and I'll be gone for two nights. I'm going so I can meet some Catholic kids my age so please pray for me. ;.; Thank you all.

Posted

I will be gone July 26th - 30

Posted

awesome Maddalena!! Tell us all about it once you come back!!

and rev - where are ya going?

:D

Theologian in Training
Posted

...Counting the days...[circus theme in the background]

:clown: :clown: :clown:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...