An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nothing New Under The Sun

Gary david

One would think that knowing there is nothing new under the sun that we would learn from the past so man might set his sights higher than what they are. Seems that life is all about repetition. We can't breath just once. When we breath in then we must breath out. We get tired and must sleep then repeat it over and over again. We havent any say about these things and if you try you would only get sick or die. So it must also be true in the realm of our spirit. I see repetition there as well. Try as we may we go through the day trying to be good and true but at the end if the day we find once again we fall short of our goal. Kind if like little kids that were told what to do but along the way get distracted by curiosity and other desires. But if tomorrow is given then were given another chance at the lesson. Some children learn readily while others seem to fail miserably. We seem to be living testimony to this fact. All I know is that God is watching us and He loves His children and has His way of teaching and doing. It knowing this I will not fall into discouragement and continue to keep my eyes in Him.

9 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

It looks like you might be hungry for something more than this ordinary life?

have you considered the priesthood??  

Well yes I am hungry. I believe we are born to learn and not just pass through life until its over. If one keeps their eyes on Jesus as they go through life then I see His words come to life before my eyes.  And if one sees them and lives them then life changes. Then you dont keep them for yourself, you share them with others freely just as God gives freely. I find that for myself that passing through life among so many different walks of life that i can be of more worth than a priest speaking for myself of course. People are very observant and if they witness living testimony to these facts then they will change, i have witnessed this to many times to count. The words of Jesus are very much alive and the proof is in living them and the effects on others to their utter power.