Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Having a dreadful time with bipolar.  My psychiatrist and my GP are both on leave until the end of this month.  These are the only two people I have ever spoken in depth with about the voices I can hear (inside my head not with my ear)during an episode.  These voices (sometimes voice only) are really sticking the boots in.  I am hoping this episode will not result in hospitalisation and at this point, it is not necessary.  But any little stress could push it over the borderline into psychosis if I use the past as a guidance tool, which it is not as yet.  I can't explain because there are  no words.

This is the worst episode in 14 years.  I have not needed hospital for 14 years.  That is the insidious nature of a bipolar illness.

I rang Public Mental Health Emergency telephone line. She said that I was speaking logically, was not suicidal nor a danger to self or others and so they could not help me.  That is a cause I am going to take up, I hope, when this episode is over.  Apparently, one has to be illogical, suicidal and/or a danger to self or others before Public Mental Health will assist..............are they really waiting for a sufferer to reach the aforementioned stage before giving them assistance in some way?   

My parish priest might be calling today to water my garden if no one else is able to do so.  I hope it will be Father and that he will have time for coffee and a chat.  My spiritual director OMI, Oblates of Mary Immaculate) passed away quite suddenly while holidaying with his family in another state, not all that long after my Home Mass to renew life private vows..  

I have also contacted my Carmelite nun friend asking for her prayer too.

Thank you very much for prayer and may The Good Lord Bless you and yours.............Barb

Posted

As long as the voices or voice continues in my head and I cannot stop them.  I cannot do anything whatsoever to stop them.  I will  not be on Pham as much as usual - but I am still hanging around because  Phatmass Phorum is my comfort zone and a consolation at all times.  To me, it is my community - one of them and an important one to me.  But when I am unwell, hard to describe, but I know myself when I can or cannot read emails and posts on Pham and not allow things to upset me.  As I said in my opening post, at a point like where I am now, going by my past history with this illness, it is not going to take much at all, some little upset, and I am over the divide into psychosis.  If I do not not engage and battle head to head with what I hear, and slip into a psychotic state, it is absolutely terrifying.  I do not hospitalise myself (usually not always, I will hospitalise myself)because I am not a risk of harm to others nor myself, rather to protect me in the state I get into from others. Most often, they have no idea why I am so upset.  The other reason is that in a psychotic state, I am unacceptable to the herd.  Basically, what happens in hospital is that I am brought back into a state that society can accept.  I must conform.

I read in Time Magazine I think it was more than many years ago "Psychiatry is the invention of society to keep its more creative members in line".  That short sentence has an awful lot packed into it.

My psychiatrist asked me not long ago (before she went away on leave) "Do you think you are overly sensitive?".  "Overly" is a piece of string i.e. how long is a piece of string?"  What is overly sensitive?"  What it in fact means that it is not socially acceptable to be 'overly' sensitive.  I need to conform and I do not want to conform, I very much like to be just me, Barb.

What is happening in society today is a demand to conform or one will be on the fringes or even an outcast from the group or the herd (society) - and we are created to be social beings in community in the true sense of the word and thus The Lord calls to us to be, to strive for and out of that is my personal belief will be the first fruit of a magnificent fruitful tree.  I am not speaking about triumphalism.  Until the return of Jesus we must "take up our cross and follow Him".  The Gift He gives of Peace '"that the world cannot know" is a Peace which can exist and does in the most terrible suffering.  It is a Peace in the depths of the soul that one is indeed in relationship with Jesus and HIs Church and this has become the most important thing in one's life, in the journey.

We are the Church Militant on earth because like it or not we are in a head to head conflict, a battle, with Satan and its servants.  It is a battle between good and evil, with sin and virtue.  If you want to inspire youth, I think that such a challenge and adventure will do so.

With all this political correctness etc., society is trying to form, or even worse - to force, individuals into its own image and likeness (conformity with standards which are ever shifting).  There are social penalties for not conforming -  It is not an overnight event as it were, it is a process underway still.  Think about it and then ask, what is the driving force behind it all?  And then engage it head to head.

I am not an anarchist, we need rules and regulations in order to live together in Peace.  But as society unfolds those rules and regulations are multiplying.  A rule etc. can never be an end in itself.  Rules exist to serve a higher purpose of some kind and it is the higher purpose that is paramount and the objective ideally of rules.

I am talking about rules written or unwritten that do not serve a higher purpose other than, as Bob Dylan put it "I just want to be myself but everyone just wants me to be just like them".  In order to remain in the herd (society), I must dress a certain way, speak a certain way even think a certain way etc. etc. or one is in the very least socially distasteful and that in itself is a form of exclusion from the herd or society.   In The Church as human institution, the same process is underway.  We have fight or flight.

Fight............engage.

Thank you very much for prayer.

 

Posted

:Prayers:

Thinking of you...keep fighting.

Posted

Thank you very much, Pax.  Very much too for the encouragement, it gives a real nudge, a huge nudge, to just hang on in there and keep fighting.:wave:

 I think I have come through the crisis and am on the other side and heading towards my most usual self.  The problem with my brand of bipolar is that I can be doing ok and seemingly over the worst of it and on the way back home ............as it were :) i.e. ...... home?...........        i.e.?............I haven't got a clue who indeed I really am as a tag another could relate to......frankly, I don't think the tag exists...........I am just Barb!  And in my book, that goes for every single person - we are a one off, totally and absolutely unique in every way and every single one of us..............never ever to be created again or ever has been created since the dawn of creation.

During this episode, I had almost wished that that sort of click in my head (metaphorically speaking - the voices can start up with the very real suddenness of a 'click) would go off and I was out of this world in another world of psychosis with its own brutal reality. Anything but having to deal with reality in the mind state I was in and in reality (I am not too sure about this reality bit held by the majority, not too sure at all - going outside after posting this for coffee and a cig and think about it - prayerfully).  This episode has really drained me in every way..........but life keeps on going on together with my full involvement in it in every way.  It has been really difficult for me to keep up with it all.  When in hospital, everything is done for you..............out in the so called real world, you need to do things yourself - things normally catered for you in hospital.

With my brand of bipolar, I can think the episode is all over but then some little thing come along to tip my bucket and suddenly I am hearing voices again.  But so far so good.   The voices have stopped other than intermittently now and then.  A good sign.

To be sure it really has concluded, only time tells.  I need a stretch of coping in my usual sort of way including those rather large and/or very small stresses (all the inbetweens) and the strains we all know (and so very many in our world far far more!) and I am back living my usual way of life and memory of my experiences during an episode come to be no longer real to me, more like a distant nightmare I had - only a very vague memory of what seems to me to be like another time and another place.  Then I can be pretty sure, it is all over.

Thank you so much for thinking of me, Pax, (every little good act, even the smallest (yours for me was a HUGE act), brings Glory to The Father - that stuns me, bowls me over!)  Thank you for your thoughts and very much so for your encouragement.  "Whatever you do for one of these, though the very least of My brethren, you have done for it Me".

I am back chain smoking.............however, I am laying right off the grog :smokey:   I can't afford to smoke, so at some point but only after I am quite confident it is over........and my psychiatrist back from leave at the end of October confirms it for me, then I will give up the fags - or before if peter stops borrowing from paul. If I am rocky, I ask her "Am I still sane?" -  she is always honest with me and will give me a nonverbal that indicates, rocky or completely sane once more............or, failing the aforementioned, we have some work to do to enable you to fully conform with ease to all the rest - and thus keep safe.  Bob Dylan lyric "I just want to be myself but everyone wants me to be like them".

A psychiatrist I had a lot of time for said to me once long age: "Barb, be as crazy as you like on the inside, but for goodness sake learn to behave yourself on the outside".  When I was having an episode, he'd always say "You being a ratbag again!"

Thank you again, Pax, very very much.  May The Good Lord bless you and yours richly and bring you every consolation and comfort in your journeys.

Warm regards............Barb

 

MAGGIES FARM by BOB DYLAN (Maggie's Farm in the following Bob Dylan creation represents society...........the lyric "I just want to be myself but everybody wants me to be just like them" appears towards the end of the track.

 

 

Posted

I mean no disrespect to you or your condition but sometimes humour can lighten things up a little bit. So here is my contribution to you.I am sure you have seen it before, but maybe this is a good time to remember it.

Stay strong until your support people return to help out.

 

 

Posted

God bless you Barbara

Posted
On 10/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, cruciatacara said:

I mean no disrespect to you or your condition but sometimes humour can lighten things up a little bit. So here is my contribution to you.I am sure you have seen it before, but maybe this is a good time to remember it.

Stay strong until your support people return to help out.

 

 

I hadn't seen it, cruciatacara. ..... laughter is great medicine and stress reducer. A real support along The Way especially when it gets a bit bumpy - but not only then.

Here are a couple of funny ones I have come across.  I really like the cat and/or dog videos.

 

Posted

I have no idea where I am with this episode.  It is very different from the past.  I said to my brother yesterday, I almost wish I could opt out of reality into a psychotic world - but I know that psychosis is a far more cruel and brutal world.  My brother has come to be a great support.  This is the first time he has actually accompanied me on an episode journey.

Thank you for prayer.  I am ducking into Phatmass only now and then.   Today I am giving up the cigs.............I think and hope. (Edit - my brother called and is going over the road to buy me cigarettes.  My excuse and I am sticking to it - it is not the time to take extra stress on board:lol4:)

I used to really like Dave Allen (video below) - and still do - the old videos.  May he rest in everlasting Peace and Joy.  Sitting under my pergola with a cigarette and coffee, are the times I would talk from the heart to Jesus and laugh at myself for the absurdities in me, in life and in others).

Dave Allen was a gifted comedian.  He was Catholic but to my knowledge not practising.  He could really take the mickey out the Church with mischievous and irreligious humour.  He could identify the absurdities in Catholicism and make me laugh - and the same for oneself, people, life and living in general.  Rather regularly, now and then, his humour was very adult and more.  Be warned.

I can and do laugh and often - but sometimes I need an ear that can hear. "Listen, you that have ears" Matthew Ch11) Sometimes a person can listen but not hear the message usually because they have made up their minds already. i.e. not listening and perhaps not able or even wanting/willing to do so (switched off from who is speaking to them).

 

Posted

We are all multifaceted complex creations - and The Lord has created us thus -..............

A young priest asked his bishop, “May I smoke while praying?”...

The answer was an emphatic “No!”

Later, when he sees an older priest puffing on a cigarette while praying, the younger priest scolded him, “You shouldn’t be smoking while praying! I asked the bishop, and he said I couldn’t do it!”

“That’s odd,” the old priest replied. “I asked the bishop if I could pray while I’m smoking, and he told me that it was okay to pray at any time!”  https://www.ignatianspirituality.com/dotmagis-blog/more-jesuit-jokes/

3) Holy Smoke:

There is always a right way and a wrong way to proceed:  Two Jesuit novices both wanted a cigarette while they prayed. They decided to ask their superior for permission. The first asked, but was told no. A little while later he spotted his friend smoking. "Why did the superior allow you to smoke, but not me?" he asked. His friend replied, "Because you asked if you could smoke while you prayed, and I asked if I could pray while I smoked!"  https://catholic-resources.org/JesuitJokes.htm

  1.  
Quote

 

  1. Rejoice always; 
  2. pray without ceasing;
  3. in everything give thanks;
  4. for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

 

 

 

 

(Lyrics transcribed below video)

 

 

"Forever Young"
 

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the light surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

 

Posted

26b204fc57e5eb67ddfd006d65f1a4f4.jpg

For our world and Peace, for all who suffer and carry a cross, be it large or small.  For the lost and abandoned, lonely and alone.............

A series of Catholic hymns (my favourites) :

  1. Come as you are
  2. Galilee song
  3. Come as you are
  4. Be not afraid
  5. You are mine
  6. Here I am Lord
  1.  

 

 

Posted
On 10/16/2019 at 8:28 PM, Gary david said:

God bless you Barbara

Thank you,  Gary.  And may The Lord bless you and yours also.:)

Sometimes His Faithful Forever Blessings can wear strange sort of garments, not immediately perhaps recognised as indeed His Blessings.  To this world, an absurd, preposterous and farcical concept.

...............But I am preaching to the choir again :rap:

Catcha, Gary, on the rounds of Pham............

 

Posted

 

I don't think we sufferers should be quiet about mental illness and just how it affects us.  It can be a support to other sufferers and where we might be able to overcome, also a support for others.  We should be able to seek support and understanding.........sometimes where it should be ideally present, it is not.  I have experienced it many times in The Church as human institution and functioning.  However, I am not Catholic because of human functioning at any level.

Another point is that others might have different opinions and fair enough and worth hearing with ears that indeed can hear their message.  I believe that where there is disagreement, truth has not yet established itself.  Perhaps indeed, truth is having a struggle to establish itself

For me, I hold to my own concepts and understandings, unless there is a convincing case expressed, which can trigger me to rethink through my concepts.

Some need someone to speak up first before he or she has 'courage' to 'speak' what they were thinking anyway.  Such cannot stand alone.  It is a sort of codependency.  This is not only evident among MI sufferers probably out of fear of consequences i.e rejection.  For others, it is cowardice often.  Taking a swing (metaphorically speaking) is pretty low even cruel if the other is down and struggling, seeking understanding and support.

"Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me." Matthew Ch25

To state "meaning no disrespect but......" sometimes means the same as "I was only joking" and types of disclaimers even passive aggression.  Not always however.

There are two kinds of pity - condescension type of pity, I reject - although at times not condescension at all is the message behind the words.  Benevolent pity is entirely different and reveals empathy.  Affirmation and encouragement is always very welcome in a difficult patch of the journey, and a journey of its own to overcome,within the overall journey, when seas are rough and times difficult and a struggle. 

Sarcasm to me I call the lowest form of wit and the wit of the lowest form.

I know plenty sufferers of MI who have suffered far more than I have or probably ever will - sufferers whose continuing nightmare includes stigma and rejection from where it is most needed and should ideally exist, but doesn't.  I know sufferers who have committed suicide in sheer desperation.  I know that blackest of blackest darkness of existence where seemingly there is no hope at all for rescue and peace.

(In the following excerpt "the witness" is the sufferer of mental illness)  It is an excellent article, but a long one .......and an important read for the interested in mental health especially, or even sufferers themselves, and well worth the 'labour' in my book.

Quote

 

https://researchbank.acu.edu.au/theses/201/

Australian Catholic University

A practical theology of mental health: A critical conversation between theology, psychology, pastoral care and the voice of the witness

Author: Pauline Emma Pierce (I have read a few papers by Emma Pierce on mental illness.  She suffered bipolar herself and had quite a journey.  Her biography can be read by scrolling down here:

`https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Adoration-Theology-Mental-Health/dp/1494937867)

Excerpt: "Theology seems to accept its subservience to the human sciences in the field of mental health care. We will meet this acceptance in the words of Edward Schillebeeckx in the next chapter. One glaring distinction between the human sciences and theology is the voice of the witness. The task of science, including the human sciences, is to discover/establish fact. To this end they rely on weight of numbers - part of their quantitative methodology. On the other hand, theology is led forward by the voice of the witness. More often than not this is a lone voice ..........edit.............These are examples of the power of the witness to speak and influence public perception of reality. Today witnesses speak and are heard in almost every arena involving issues of morality and social justice. Feminist theology, liberation theology and environmental theology all have their prophetic voices. But who speaks for the mentally ill? The voice of the witness in this arena is given little credibility. Yet that voice belongs to a human person, one who is as much a child of God and a member of the human family as every other voice. "

 

 

Posted

"LIsten, you that have ears to hear" Matthew Ch11

 

Posted (edited)

First video: Don't get knickers in your knot.  It is an exaggeration...... this is how a little child could react to and get confused over Truths way beyond their understanding.

Our God is a God of Joy, of Love and of Laughter. 

It is very true that gifted humour can lift one out of the dumps............sometimes.  What works for one and some others will not necessarily work for another or some others.  Same as humour for one(s) may not be for another(s).

With mental illness episodes like bipolar.  On can feel as the day draws on, one is/might be getting on top of things. (What a beautiful day, I am glad to be alive.  Now watch some twit, including myself, come along and stuff it all up)

 

 Wake up next morning and soon it has all begun again.  It takes a stretch of time (piece of string) of being on top of things to give real hope and expectation, that it is all over.  Plus! a psychiatrists confirmation is even better.  A good psychiatrist knows when his/her brief ends and a spiritual director's begins........and vv.

A good psychiatrist and a good spiritual director work together - even if they never write or speak to each other, or communicate in an earthly sort of way. Coincidence or The Holy Spirit?

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by BarbaraTherese
Posted

@BarbaraTherese I love that first video - have watched it many times. Dave Allen had a wicked sense of humour, always made me laugh.

Posted (edited)

Once this episode has run itself out and I can be sure of it, my GP is arranging free (what we in Australia call bulk billing) appointments with a psychologist who treats her patients by bulk bill if necessary.  I see my GP on Monday and will book then another appointment in a few days, so she can keep tabs on where I am with the episode and advice if necessary.  She is experienced in mental illness matters - and why I chose her.  She bulk bills also.  Turns out she wasn't on leave at all (this episode has been a comedy of errors - misinterpretations and misunderstandings , but thankfully to The Lord not ALL the time :)  - I know only too well the thing that is behind it all and like the cunning sneak it is, while my psychiatrist IS on leave).

ANXIETY

Catholic Education Resource Centre  (CERC)

Author: FR. JOSEPH ESPER

At times I find Catholic Resources too long and labored to read beginning to end, unless I skim and it seems worth the labour. 

However, this article, I was glued to the page from its first sentence (underscored below)and it’s content until the end, I didn't even realise I was at the end so engrossing was the article .thttps://www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/anxiety.html 

Excerpt "Some saints were as prone to worry and anxiety as the rest of us are. But, by placing their trust in the Lord's presence and care, they were able to overcome their fears..................There's a saying that "Courage is fear that has said its prayers." Prayer is indeed the key to overcoming or coping with anxiety, for it reassures us of God's presence and reminds us of our need to rely on His strength, not on our own. As St. John Vianney said, "God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry." ..........(If anyone knows where we are COMMANDED not to worry, please point it out to me.  I cannot recall it, doesn't mean it does not exist.  Asking (request not command) or forbidding not to fear is something else to me than a command).....................

..........."This attitude of confidence applies even to our encounters with evil, for St. Teresa of Avila notes that every time evil spirits fail to terrify us or dissuade us from doing good, "they lose strength, and the soul masters them more easily. If the Lord is powerful and they are His slaves, what harm can they do to those who are servants of so great a King and Lord?" Nothing can happen to us without our Father's knowledge and permission, and He is able to arrange all things for our good. We, for our part, however, must avoid useless speculation; as St. Francis de Sales tells us, "It will be quite enough to receive the evils that come upon us from time to time, without anticipating them by the imagination."

According to St. Jerome, facing our fears and doing our duty in spite of them is an important way of taking up our cross; thus, we can reassure ourselves that in our efforts to be brave, we are actually serving Christ.

 advice of St. Francis de Sales: "If you earnestly desire to be delivered from some evil, or to attain to some good, above all things, calm and tranquilize your mind, and compose your judgment and will; then quietly and gently pursue your aim, adopting suitable means." Jesus offers us His peace; if we accept it and use His grace, nothing shall overcome us.

"Anxiety is the greatest evil that can befall the soul sin only excepted. . . . When our heart is troubled and disturbed within itself, it loses the strength necessary to maintain the virtues that it had acquired. At the same time, it loses the means to resist the temptations of the enemy, who then uses his utmost efforts to fish, as they say, in troubled waters." St. Francis de Sales

Edited by BarbaraTherese
Posted (edited)

There was so much in the Anxiety article below, I had to stop myself from highlighting all of it - and all formatting, highlighting etc. are mine.  Big recommendation to read the article in full in my estimation.  Unusually for CERC, it is not very long at all.

My keyboard is different spacing from a typewriter keyboard (in the workforce, I would not accept a position unless I had an IBM Typewriter (curved keyboard)........oh yeah, and also unless I could smoke............ and this computer keyboard is driving me nuttty. (discalimer :whistle:)

 Also @dUSt a bit of a longer time to edit would be great, Boss.  My problem is that I keep hitting wrong keys (touch typist), so my computer follows the wrong key instructions and confuses me no end with what suddenly pops on my computer cutting down on my edit time while I try to work it out.  I know that it is operator error, but if you would very kindly, most kindly, wonderfully and beautifully, compassionately and with your stunning compassion and understanding, your endless heroic mercies ......   do indeed overlook my problem and extend a bit  the time to edit....say 20 seconds or even more, Boss, plus what is allowed now........I j will increase my monthly donation PROVIDING that I CAN get what I want. 

With all honesty, please don't put me back in my rightful box.  I have phobias and am absolutely neurotic about being enclosed within border, compartments, rules - jut about anything. :beg:

Does flattery PLUS  bribe get me what I want, Leader Most Excellent? Will crying do it:  :cry4: Oh Fearless Leader, I know in your great mercy you tolerate fools,,,,,,,,,,,how about if I have another go at it stretching your toleration just a tad :blowkiss:...........................though it got me nowhere ever before ..........

THE EDIT KEY TIME ALLOWANCE IS TOO                                    FLAMIN SHORT, DUST

______________________

I started out with another great day, glad to be alive..............and then this twit (me this time) comes along and stuffs it all up.  Anxiety hits and begins increasing...........so half another Oxazepam again and in half to three quarters of an hour, drop a bomb in my yard and I would not care a hoot.  I keep a record of all times when and why, I took emergency emergency medications, which are Oxazepam for anxiety, iBuprofen and Tramadol for pain.  I take my record with me to both GP and my psychiatrist.  The former are emergency medications (PRN's in medical terms) I hold personally - outside my Webster-pak..  My chemist organises the  Webster-pak (The Multi Dose Webster-pak is a sealed weekly calendar pack designed to help people take their medication correctly, according to their doctor's orders. All regular medication that needs to be taken each week is sealed within the blister compartments. The Webster-pak is designed to be as simple as possible. http://www.webstercare.com.au/carers-frequently-asked-questions.html

 

 

We are The Church Militant on earth(Faithful Catholics who are active in struggling to bring about change on many fronts, according to their general and personal vocation from God).  As The Church Militant on earth we are called to Mission.  The Holy Mass (missa in Latin)  translates  " comes from the ending of the Mass in Latin, "Ite, Missa est." This means "Go, you are sent." "Missa" is the root word meaning "sending" ...........paraphrased from: https://aleteia.org/2017/08/24/why-do-catholics-call-their-main-church-services-mass/

From The Holy Mass we are sent out (Ita Missa Est 9latin0at the end of Mass = "Go you are sent") into the world to engage with evil in all its forms ("I am sending you out as sheep into the midst of wolves")  each one according to their General and Individual personal vocation or call from God.

We are engaged as The Church Militant on earth with a continual second, minute, hour, day, years - lifelong - battle between Good and Evil in all its forms where sin is on the side of Evil; battles we can either win or loose.  But the war is a foregone conclusion and will be won with The Return of Jesus.  Our mission is one of conflict and battle until then.  The Holy Spirit, the Gift of Jesus to us to the Glory of The Father, One God Amen. will provide all our needs in all things, including rest and consolation, Peace and Joy etc.  But like the apostles, we cannot set up permanent camp on the mountain of The Transfiguration.  We are called to leave the mountain and return to the battle.  Soldiers of Christ.  In my generation, we were taught that at Confirmation we became fully Soldiers of Christ, sort of our Final Profession in the Laity.


I think our young ones especially would be absolutely charged up, fired, and eager to dive into such a challenge, such a great adventure.  In fact, the greatest adventure on earth any human being could ever live on earth - transcending, supplanting, any earthly quest imaginable.............the call and Grace from Jesus to be.....................

Quote

 

"Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd  as serpents and simple as doves.

 But beware of people, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues" (or in our day it means to persecute in some way), Matthew Ch 10 VATICAN BIBLE TRANSLATION HERE

 

(shrewd is a very interesting word indeed to thoroughly reseach)  I feel that our young ones would also be empowered and motivated, fired up, by the element of danger and threat.  I know that I would have been for sure in my long ago youth - and in some ways took it all on board when I was confirmed because "Soldier of Christ" fascinated me.  I don't hear the description nowadays related to Confirmation - or at all whatsoever.  Always I am very much aware that my experience is of necessity limited experience.

_____________________________________

 

For all those with a dream that life and the journey, the bumps, hills and mountains cannot eradicate......rather they give hope and power to the dream, a motivation to stay strong and ride out all and any storm as one can with prayer and one's hand in The Hand of Jesus, The Man who calmed the storm .............this is a perception and understanding which this world finds sheer madness, insanity, crazy and preposterous - even delusion..........Time Magazine in the 70's sometime I think it was: "In an insane world, the sane will be called insane"........sometimes truth indeed must struggle to be heard and is opposed and persecuted.........and on many fronts.

Two song videos follow:

1. I DREAMED A DREAM (from Les Miserables)

 

 

2. PUT YOUR HAND

   IN THE HAND OF

   THE MAN FROM GALILEE  

 

Edited by BarbaraTherese
Posted

 

If you happen to read this sentence, a prayer would be very much appreciated.  Thank you and prayer for you, yours, and your own intentions.................

 

__________________________________________

 

       Saturdays are traditionally devoted to Our Lady

 

 

 

(after "Bring Flowers of The Rarest" is a really beautiful rendition of "Amazing Grace")

Then Johnny Cash singing "Old Rugged Cross"

 

 

..........and in a real change of mood...............

______________

I asked my daughter if she’d seen my newspaper. She told me that newspapers are old school. She said that people use tablets nowadays and handed me her iPad. The fly didn’t stand a chance. https://short-funny.com

________________________

Police officer talks to a driver he has stopped: "Your tail light is broken, your tires must be exchanged and your bumper hangs halfway down. That will be 300 dollars."

Driver: "Alright, go ahead. They want twice as much as that at the garage." https://short-funny.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...