kamiller42 Posted October 26, 2019 Posted October 26, 2019 Interesting thread from over 10 years ago. Looks like everyone is singing a different tune these days. https://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/93979-kanye-west-on-religion-and-jesus-christ/
Ice_nine Posted October 29, 2019 Posted October 29, 2019 I hope his conversion is sincere and enduring. I'd like to see him go full Catholic, sure, but that's hard to envision with the type of Christianity he seems to be into.
Guest Posted October 30, 2019 Posted October 30, 2019 (edited) 56 minutes ago, Ice_nine said: I hope his conversion is sincere and enduring. I'd like to see him go full Catholic, sure, but that's hard to envision with the type of Christianity he seems to be into. It's definitely sincere. Someone who isn't sincere can't make an album like that. Enduring is the battle for all of us. Although I think we can't get that mixed up with never falling. I give Catholics props in that respect because a lot of us know how awful we are and are truly thankful for all the grace we are given in Confession over and over again. As far as the Christianity he's into it seems kind of up in the air. He's definitely not Anti Catholic and speaks on it in recent interviews. His children were baptized in an Amernian Cathedral which is separated from the Catholic Church. https://churchpop.com/2019/10/12/kim-kardashian-is-baptized-with-her-children-in-armenian-cathedral-posts-beautiful-ceremony-photos/ Edited October 30, 2019 by Guest
dUSt Posted October 30, 2019 Posted October 30, 2019 I've had Kanye's new album on repeat since it's came out. Think about what is happening here. Arguably, the most famous entertainer in the world has denounced the secular culture and is now doing everything for Christ. This is huge people. lol
Lilllabettt Posted October 31, 2019 Posted October 31, 2019 I really hope that Kanye doesn't make a mockery of Christ. Which, who am I to say that since I don't live up to Jesus at all, all the time. But Kanye has a history of questionable judgment and mental health things, so hopefully he stays committed and hangs tough and doesn't give people a reason to say faith is a mental health episode or something like that. If we say we want conversions we shouldn't judge conversions. I just really pray for him that he stays the course in spite of money and fame, which are difficult to make work with authentic discipleship.
Guest Posted October 31, 2019 Posted October 31, 2019 (edited) I'm sorta thinking he won't mock Christ. One of the reasons being he's getting old. Like 42 or so. I think when you start to get that age it's easier to stay consistent and when you do fall not bring attention to it and make a spectacle. I think people are willing to forgive sinners. I think people have a problem with people saying they believe and then proudly showing off their sin and not trying to change. Edited October 31, 2019 by Guest
Guest Posted November 1, 2019 Posted November 1, 2019 https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/kanye-bible-jesus-king-christian Google searches for "Jesus" and the query, "What do Christians believe?" spiked after West's gospel-rap album, "Jesus Is King," dropped Friday. The album has many biblical references, like this portion from his song, "Selah": John 8:33 We the descendants of Abraham Ye should be made free John 8:36 To whom the son set free is free indeed He saved a wretch like me
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now