An Old School Catholic Message Board

Joined the Knights

Peace

So I took the plunge recently and became a Knight.

A Knight of Peter Claver that is.

I am actually pretty excited about it. I think it will be a good opportunity to develop deeper bonds with Catholic men and women, and to integrate myself more fully into the work of the Church. I decided to take the plunge now that I am officially too old for most of the "young adult" type stuff in my diocese. Seems like a good group of people so far.

I also have some interest in getting involved with RCIA / Religious education. And perhaps some ecumenical type stuff.

3 hours ago, Peace said:

So I took the plunge recently and became a Knight.

A Knight of Peter Claver that is.

I am actually pretty excited about it. I think it will be a good opportunity to develop deeper bonds with Catholic men and women, and to integrate myself more fully into the work of the Church. I decided to take the plunge now that I am officially too old for most of the "young adult" type stuff in my diocese. Seems like a good group of people so far.

I also have some interest in getting involved with RCIA / Religious education. And perhaps some ecumenical type stuff.

Can you describe what they do, how they're different

My husband is in the knights of Columbus. And interested in the knights of the holy sepulchre and Malta. But they are $$$$$$$

He is always looking for knightly catholic stuff. 

18 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Can you describe what they do, how they're different

My husband is in the knights of Columbus. And interested in the knights of the holy sepulchre and Malta. But they are $$$$$$$

He is always looking for knightly catholic stuff. 

The main differences seem to be:

1) Black people;

2) There is a Ladies "Auxiliary" although there seem to be more women than men;

3) There is also a "Junior Knights" division; and

4) I don't think that insurance plays into funding that much.

As for everything else they basically seem to be the same to me.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

The main differences seem to be:

1) Black people;

2) There is a Ladies "Auxiliary" although there seem to be more women than men;

3) There is also a "Junior Knights" division; and

4) I don't think that insurance plays into funding that much.

As for everything else they basically seem to be the same to me.

Ah.  Blacks + no insurance sales. Sounds extremely cool and not reserved to the rich.

The initiation fee for the knights of malta is $5000. At least in Chicago. Didn't ask if there were black people but def no insurance. 

20 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

Ah.  Blacks + no insurance sales. Sounds extremely cool and not reserved to the rich.

The initiation fee for the knights of malta is $5000. At least in Chicago. Didn't ask if there were black people but def no insurance. 

$5000? It had better come with an indulgence! I need my whole fam out of purgatory for that amount.

I recently learned about Peter Claver. He is certainly a light in a dark history. That's cool that he has a . . . group? Knighthooddom. I don't know words :/

• 2 weeks later...