Sign in to follow this  
rnflower

any young discerners?

UndividedlyHis

Hello and welcome to everyone! It’s so beautiful to see such lovely young souls discerning the call to love our Lord exclusively in religious life. I probably no longer qualify as a young discerner. I am 25 and just finished my MA and currently discerning with a cloistered contemplative monastery. I live in Europe and I first heard the call when I was in high school (like some of you are). Though it wasn’t my time yet - and I am so thankful for the years that followed that allowed me to grow in maturity and deepen my relationship with our Lord. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. Anyway, I am happy to meet all of you and if any of you ever want to communicate, pray and share experiences I am always happy to do that. God bless!

BurningFlame

Hi! I’m not crazy new to discerning because I have been discerning since I was 11. I’m 15 now and I am discerning religious life. Right now I’m looking at the Sisters of Life, but that is likely to change again. I began discerning seriously at a Youth Conference where I had a deep encounter at Eucharistic Adoration. Two days later, I told my parents about my vocation and they are supporting me as much as possible. If anyone has questions about discerning please let me know!

rnflower
12 minutes ago, BurningFlame said:

Hi! I’m not crazy new to discerning because I have been discerning since I was 11. I’m 15 now and I am discerning religious life. Right now I’m looking at the Sisters of Life, but that is likely to change again. I began discerning seriously at a Youth Conference where I had a deep encounter at Eucharistic Adoration. Two days later, I told my parents about my vocation and they are supporting me as much as possible. If anyone has questions about discerning please let me know!

Coolio! We would love to have you in our PM group chat, if you'd like!

GodricOfFinchale

Hello, I'm also new here. I'm 20 which is probably a pretty average 'discerning' age, but I'm discerning the priesthood mostly. I don't want to go to the diocese and want a traditional formation & priesthood so I am mostly set on the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, but also thinking about a couple of other traditional orders and possibly religious life.

Lea
8 hours ago, GodricOfFinchale said:

Hello, I'm also new here. I'm 20 which is probably a pretty average 'discerning' age, but I'm discerning the priesthood mostly. I don't want to go to the diocese and want a traditional formation & priesthood so I am mostly set on the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, but also thinking about a couple of other traditional orders and possibly religious life.

Hey Godric, cool to have you here! If you want, you can join our PM chat, mentioned above ;) 

GodricOfFinchale
3 minutes ago, Lea said:

Hey Godric, cool to have you here! If you want, you can join our PM chat, mentioned above ;) 

Oh that would be great, yes please!

HildegardB

Hi! I'm 19 and I've been considering religious life for about 3 years now. I would like to join the PM chat too if thats possible. :) 

rnflower
1 hour ago, HildegardB said:

Hi! I'm 19 and I've been considering religious life for about 3 years now. I would like to join the PM chat too if thats possible. :) 

of course! I will add you!

Hope Joan-Therese

I'm 17 and looking into the Daughters of St Paul, Sisters of Life, DSMME, and the Nashville Dominicans. I'd love to join the group chat :)

Sponsa-Christi

I'm an ex-young discerner! ;) 

I "old" now (I'm in my mid-thirties! How did that happen?), but I first felt called to marry Jesus when I was twelve, stated visiting religious communities when I was eighteen, and then actually became a consecrated virgin when I was twenty-three. 

I wouldn't want to barge into a group chat intended for young discerners, but I'm happy to otherwise answer questions or share my experiences in case anyone wants insights from someone who's "been there."

SupposesRoses

Hi y'all!

I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally make an account and start posting today.  I have been discerning for a couple of years as well!

Good luck with all y'all's discernment!  I'm praying for you!

rnflower
56 minutes ago, SupposesRoses said:

Hi y'all!

I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally make an account and start posting today.  I have been discerning for a couple of years as well!

Good luck with all y'all's discernment!  I'm praying for you!

Welcome! If you'd like, we could add you to our young discerners group chat!

SupposesRoses
17 hours ago, rnflower said:

Welcome! If you'd like, we could add you to our young discerners group chat!

That would be cool! Thank you!