Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

yw, glad to know it helped :D

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 1 2004, 08:06 PM'] The SAT score is set up such that every 100 point on each section is another standard deviation.  A 500 in math or verbal is 'average' for the test.  If you score a 600, you are one standard deviation above the mean.  A 700, two standard deviations.  SAT scores on each section will follow a bell curve.  Statistical analysis on test scores, however, will show that there is a correlation between math and verbal scores, i.e., people who tend to do well on one section will do well on the other.

I hope you can understand this.  If not, I can make some pretty charts :) [/quote]
you know i would have NO idea what your talking about ...........:rolling: :sweat:


but since im taking a wonderful (and yucky) Statistics class, i understand what your saying......... <_<

i mean it makes sense to me!! :hide: Its scary!!

NOW......if only i can finish my dumb term project for next wednesday.....

confidence intervals, z- scores, and boxplots (z-scores for each outliers! :wall: )

fun fun fun!! whoo hoo!! :sweat:

now maybe you can mke some prettycharts for us! :deal: haahahaa jkkk

Posted

I got a 1440 on my SATs, 700 on verbal, 740 on math. For a lot of kids in my school, the average was about 900 combined. I think that if you get over 700 on both sections of the test, you're pretty well-set... of course, SATs and ACTs aren't the only things that colleges look at.

My friend, who was valedictorian and had a higher GPA than me got far lower on his SATs than I did. In fact, I think I got the highest SAT score in my class, but there are definitely people smarter than me. It all depends. I think I just took the right test the right month, and knew what the people were asking.

I'm so self-demeaning... lol ^_^

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='dlz7486' date='Jul 2 2004, 08:06 AM'] I got a 1440 on my SATs, 700 on verbal, 740 on math. For a lot of kids in my school, the average was about 900 combined. I think that if you get over 700 on both sections of the test, you're pretty well-set... of course, SATs and ACTs aren't the only things that colleges look at.

My friend, who was valedictorian and had a higher GPA than me got far lower on his SATs than I did. In fact, I think I got the highest SAT score in my class, but there are definitely people smarter than me. It all depends. I think I just took the right test the right month, and knew what the people were asking.

I'm so self-demeaning... lol ^_^ [/quote]
1440! That's a most excellent score. I got a 1470 (800 math, 670 verbal), so we're both in the 1400s club. The funny thing is that I took the test 3 times and made the same score every time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...