An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pro Aborts And Communion

Iacobus

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 2 2004, 11:45 PM'] Yeh I guess that could happen. But I just can't see Mr. Kerry doing what one of the kings did (before the British split one of the kings stood outside the Pope's resdince in the snow for two weeks begging to be let back into the Church after being excomed). So yeh excom can be meant as a healing act, but it appears to be a drasitic and final act. At least that is how it would be covered. Which would not only make a scandal for Kerry but also for the Church (appears to be disreagrading teachings on forgiveness). [/quote]

i know about excommuncation beacuse not too long ago our Bishop had to warn a Catholic person with excommuncation. why? cuz she worked as a secretary/nurse in an Abortion Clinic.

it was drasctic, it was powerful and its the right thing to do. he wrote a letter, letting everyone know the wrong that was being done and that she needed to stop what evil she was aiding,

what happened? it bought awareness of what the Church taught and stood for....made aware of the wrong that she was doing and what others may have been dong as well if they too played a part in abortion....so i know my bishop did the right thing. and when doing the right thing, good does happen! :D

j. kerry publicly announced that his catholic and then publicably announced, endorsed and is going to be having NON-catholic stances than he is held, as a leader in the public eye held in the higher standard.

cmom is right, they should nto be recieving communion. for all the souls that may/could/have gone astray by this, means this cannot be something reconciled in private.

the priest, as vehicle and protector of the Eucharist, can refuse to give communion to anyone who he blieves/knows is not in a state of grace....

God bless....

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote]Thedude, Canon Law does allow for the prohibition of Communion without excommunication. What you cited from Thomas just states that the Church can and sometimes should excommunicate people.[/quote]

My reason for providing a link to that page in the Summa Theologica was to show that excommunication isn't an out of date practice, and should be practiced today.

Edited by thedude

Interesting
[url="http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0403722.htm"]Cardinal Ratzinger[/url]